Stickys

Stickys

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:04 pm

Is there a way to 'sticky' a topic in your thread? If not, is that something that can be easily turned on/checked?
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Re: Stickys

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:49 pm

Only moderators can sticky threads, sorry about that. However, if you are a moderator in a p-b-p forum you can of course do it. There should be an opption visible to you at the bottom of the post.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:45 pm

I was trying to 'sticky' a couple of threads in my Thief Gate game and I cannot find where that option is. Let's say I go into 'The Run (1)' and I go to 'Quick Mod Tools' all I get are: Lock topic, Delete topic, Move topic, Split topic, Merge Posts, Merge topic, Copy topic, View Logs.

If I try to 'edit' the original post, and scroll down - I see no option for sticking the topic there either. I was able to sticky in the old forums, but I can't seem to find it here.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:54 pm

I also tried going into the 'moderator panel' and I can see the threads where I have moderator privileges, but the drop down menu doesn't have 'sticky' as an option; in fact, it looks very similar to the 'quick mod tools.'

connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:09 am

Update - still can't sticky, so any 'tips' on "stickying" would be greatly appreciated.

connivingsumo

Postby austrodavicus » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 pm

Dan, I've had a look around at all my options as a global moderator and I can't find any way for me to sticky a thread, perhaps this is only a function of an Administrator? Of course I may have just missed something.

connivingsumo, check the LL Society subforum as I have replied to your message about the Realms of Crawling Chaos preview.
austrodavicus

Postby Goblinoid Games » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:24 am

Weird...I'm poking around but can't seem to find any option for this, not even in my own permissions. When I create a new thread, toward the bottom there are a couple of tabs and one allows me to sticky a thread. Or if i click to edit someone else's thread I can sticky it. I'll keep looking around.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby rredmond » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:29 am

other pbp mods are stickying threads... It sounds like that whole edit the first post thing should work, unless there's been a recent change in how the forum is set up. Ask one of those guys how they did it as they are the most recent users I'm betting.
DOWNLOAD THE NEW ISSUE -- FREE NOW!
CLICK ON THE BANNER BELOW!!
Oak Rapp - screaming "die" in orcish b/c it sounds cooler.
Phaser on stun *pew pew*. Phaser on kill *poo poo*!
rredmond

Postby connivingsumo » Wed May 04, 2011 6:40 am

Thanks guys! I'm going to give that "edit the first post" thing a try and see if there's a TAB down there for 'stickying' - thanks much! :D

connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Wed May 04, 2011 6:42 am

Hmm... I went to edit my own post (first) and there were checkboxes at the bottom, but no option for stickies. So I tried to edit the next post (someone else's - second post) and there were checkboxes for that one as well, but no stickies. :(

connivingsumo

Return to Trouble Tickets or Suggestions