A few mutations more.

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

A few mutations more.

Postby Agrippa » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:36 pm

It's been a while since I posted up mutations of my own but I'm back. Since I didn't want to clutter up my old thread I'll just some new ones here.

Mental

Energy Blade

A mutant with this power can manifest a straight blade-like energy beam typically extending from the back of the hand. It's length varies, reaching from 11" (dagger sized) all the way to 78" (glaive) based on MSMod. This mutation requires a great deal of concentration to use, barring all spell casting and certain other mental mutations. In addition if the mutant suffers damage equal to or greater than three times his Willpower score from a single attack he is treated as subject to a mental attack, using the attacker's Strength (or Dexterity when using missile weapons) score. If this mental attack succeeds the mutant loses this psychic weapon for 1d4+2 rounds. Because the energy blade functions as an actual weapon it still requires an attack roll to hit but gain no Strength based damage bonus.

Code: Select all
MSMod Weapon    Length (in inches) Damage
1    Dagger     11"                2d4
2|Short sword   23"                2d6
3|Normal sword  39"                2d8
4|Longsword     51"                2d10
5+|Glaive       78"                2d12, can be set versus charge and can strike enemies five feet away without being thrown

Healing Touch

With this mutation the user can heal wounds and cure ailments on those he touches. The beneficiary is healed by 2d6(+1d6 per MSMod) points of damage, but only responds to this treatment once per turn. Mutants with this healing power can also employ any one of the following abilities mentioned below.

MSMod Effect
1     Cure blindness, deafness, paralysis and fear. This takes one full round.
2     Cure poison. This takes two full rounds.
3     Removes 1d4 points of ability damage. This takes three full rounds.
4     Acts as the spell restoration. Takes four full rounds.
5     Acts as the spell greater restoration. Takes five full rounds.
Last edited by Agrippa on Wed Sep 12, 2012 4:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Agrippa

Re: A few mutations more.

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:35 am

Interesting and karmic...one touch harms and the other heals :D
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby Agrippa » Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:48 am

Thank you for the compliments Atomic Ray. Though I'll be using a modified version of Malcadon's Strength based damage rules which would end up under-valuing my first mutation quite a bit.

Strength   Attack  Unarmed  Bonus   Weight
score      Bonus   Damage   Weapon  Allowance
                            Damage   
   |3       -3      0       -1       30 lbs.
  4-5       -2      1d3-1   +0       50 lbs.
  6-8       -1      1d4     +1d3-1*  80 lbs.
 |9-12       +0      1d6     +1d4    130 lbs.
13-15       +1      1d8     +1d6    200 lbs.
16-17       +2      1d10    +1d8**  260 lbs.
18-20       +3      2d6     +1d10   400 lbs.
21-23       +4      2d8     +2d6    600 lbs.
24-26       +5      3d6     +2d8    920 lbs.
27-29       +6      4d6     +3d6  1,400 lbs.

*Or plus two damage steps lower from Strength 6-8 and plus one damage step lower at Strength 9-13. Which ever one is better.
**Or plus one damage die per two points of Strength bonus. Which ever one is better.
Agrippa

Postby Atomic Ray » Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:54 am

I can see numbers having a reduced value, but I am a big fan of mutants...I even celebrate my character's vestigial mutations :D

So no worries...not every, or even the majority in my book, mutation should be a powerful one...I am all about flavor.
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Return to Mutant Future