Sorceror Under the Mountain

This area is for people to discuss and/or advertise their blogs. Material for sale should be advertised in the Advertisements forum.

Sorceror Under the Mountain

Postby Newt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Howdo

I've recently set up a blog called Sorcerer Under Mountain, to explore my reawakening interest in 80s fantasy rpgs, specifically from the UK perspective, so stuff like Fighting Fantasy, WHFRP 1st Ed and TSR UK D&D modules and the mighty White Dwarf.

I've decided that LL is going to be my retroclone of choice, for various reasons, and I'm currently planning a series of modules under the "Albion Adventures" moniker. The ongoing development of these modules will get mentioned on the blog. Being the publisher of OpenQuest (a BRP tribute game ) bits of that will also discussed there.

Anyways pop on by and enjoy a bit of OSR from a UK perspective
Newt

Re: Sorceror Under the Mountain

Postby bathwizard » Thu Dec 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks, I've had a look and I like what I see. It's nice to get a local perspective on the OSR, and I still have a number of the SJ & IL FF books. It's a pity I only started noticing White Dwarf after it became focused only on Games Workshop's games - the old White Dwarf with D&D and other RPG articles would have been interesting.
Bathwizard

My new blog is the Tales of Kaelaross, a world for Basic D&D/LL
bathwizard

Postby Dyson Logos » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:01 pm

bathwizard wrote:It's a pity I only started noticing White Dwarf after it became focused only on Games Workshop's games - the old White Dwarf with D&D and other RPG articles would have been interesting.

It was a bummer for those of us who watched it transform into a house organ through the years. An amazing house organ, mind you, but just not what I wanted anymore especially once I stopped playing Space Hulk and they spun off coverage of Necromunda into GangWar!
Dyson's Dodecahedron
an RPG blog with a butt-load of maps
Dyson Logos

Postby Mangus » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:59 am

Newt,

I think it is great that D101 Games is stepping up and supporting the OSR. I can't wait for the Labyrinth Lord material you have in the pipeline!

Talk to you soon,

Shane
Swords Against the Outer Dark -- Where Sword & Sorcery Gaming Meets Cthulhiana and Yog-Sothothery

Facebook / Twitter
Mangus

Postby Wulfgar22 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:56 am

Mangus wrote:I think it is great that D101 Games is stepping up and supporting the OSR. I can't wait for the Labyrinth Lord material you have in the pipeline!

Seconded!

bathwizard wrote:It's nice to get a local perspective on the OSR

And seconded!
Wulfgar22

Return to Bloggers