What would you like to see?

For discussion of the original 1978 rules and for the revised second edition that is entering development.

What would you like to see?

Postby Goblinoid Games » Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:25 am

Hi all, well there has not been too much buzz about this game, but it actually is one of my top sellers. Just not a lot of feedback thus far. So since it is selling so well I thought I'd post to see what you think would be good for a next step for this game. Ideas?
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Re: What would you like to see?

Postby gentleman john » Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:52 pm

Tricky question that one.

If I remember correctly, there was a single supplement published for the original FGU version of S&S. This supplement was a grab-bag of various bits and pieces - new equipment, new ships, ship systems, races, worlds. Basically, it was a compendium of ideas that had been gathered together and published.

Personally, I would like to see something similar for the new edition of S&S. While any new material could concentrate on just one theme, I think it would be better to cast a wide net. It could include all sorts of ideas that could be incorporated as the referee of a game saw fit, with no implication that it was all part of one coherent whole. Two things I would like to see in it, though: new systems to customise ships with, and alternative careers to the Fleet.
gentleman john

Postby greyarea » Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:27 pm

Adventures could be handy as well. Perhaps a campaign.
greyarea

Postby az_gamer » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:44 am

There is so much to like about this game that its difficult to think of what to do next. Adventure, Campaign, or Background material is always helpful. Additional equipment, weapons, ships and their stats. There is a lot of area for expansion in the starship combat system...not that I think it needs changing or complicating, simple is great and makes for more enjoyable game play in my opinion. But the starship combat is little hard to follow in the whole concept of the ship having a level determining its to hit, etc. this could possibly be a little more clearly elaborated in future editions or supplements.
az_gamer

Postby Eldrad » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:55 pm

What about a "Star Wars" with the serial numbers filed off RPG compatible with S&S and LL/AEC?
Eldrad

Postby Blood axe » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:36 am

Some new alien races for players and npc. Id like the return of the Kzinti.
Last edited by Blood axe on Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby Grif » Sat Oct 04, 2014 2:36 pm

I seem to recall reading that the most requested rules were for half-Tauran PCs, and I asked for rules for android PCs. Perhaps Spacefleet might react to the threat of Videni kamikaze fighters by establishing their own starfighter force? Also, perhaps the shuttle as given in the rulebook is a bit large - maybe some small craft, such as scoutships , or even a shuttle with a framework "spine" to which passenger modules, or cargo pods, or whatever, could be docked? It could, perhaps, be named after a bird of some sort...
Grif
Grif

Postby Wulfgar22 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:55 am

I love Realms of Crawling Chaos so something along those lines...that adds a certain flavour or helps take the game in a different direction...would be great. You could do a sourcebook that adds Cthulhu Horror to S&S games, another that makes the game more Star Wars-like and another that takes it in a WH40k direction....
Wulfgar22

Postby Grif » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:45 pm

How about some stuff about how to play in the era just prior to the Confederacy; before/during the first war with the Zangids? Perhaps Tauran officers on Earth ships, first contact with the Andromedans, early pre-hyperdrive ships?
Grif
Grif

Postby Omote » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:26 am

New races, ships, equipment, alien equipment, artifacts, strange worlds, and villains. A smorgasbord of stuff to add, and expand the game.

After that, I would like to see a GM screen.

~O
Omote

Next

Return to Starships & Spacemen