The Village of Hommlet

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Village of Hommlet

Postby badams30 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 3:51 pm

Thurwin - Wizard Goody Two Shoes

Thurwin bows politely to the lady "Good day, madame!" and continues on. As he sees the sign for the inn, he visibly blushes and says "Oh my. That's an interesting sign. I wonder if this lass is one of those boys mother?" He adjusts his gear and cloak and prepares to enter with the others, pointing to the door he says "Shall we?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:26 pm

Tavin - Monk

Smiles and enters the tavern with his comrades. He'll smile at everyone.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Gelatinous Q » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:56 pm

Grimulf, fighter

"I'll take a mutton shank, a yard of ale and the lass on the shingle," Grimulf remarks, entering the tavern.
Gelatinous Q

Postby kjc » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:52 am

greyarea wrote: You find yourself at the door of the Inn of the Welcome Wench.

Caydon - Rogue
Caydon smiles at Grimulf's comment. "Plenty to go around I'd say Grimulf!"
Noting Thurwin's blush, Caydon can't help but tease his friend."Those certainly look...full... wouldn't you say Thurwin?" Caydon says, pointing out the sign."Looks like she could use a hand...or two. Yes those do look tasty!"
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby merias » Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:07 am

Effric - Druid

Effric admires the scenery and suddenly feels... thirsty.

"Barkeep, a round of ale for my friends here!"
merias

Postby kwll » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:01 am

Calthas enters last in the inn, raises an eyebrow at the welcoming wench and goes silently sit with the others.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:54 am

Thurwin - Mage

Thurwin chuckles at Caydon's jest, and will follow him in to the inn, sitting near him. As he enters, he'll toss back the hood of his cloak and survey the occupants.
badams30

Postby Gelatinous Q » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:06 pm

Grimulf — fighter

Grimulf bellies up to the bar and hails the barkeep.

"The strong stuff. What have you?"

He takes a good long look at the other patrons at the bar.
Gelatinous Q

Postby greyarea » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:07 pm

There are easily two dozen customers in this great room. It's large and cheerful with high ceilings and natural tree trunk pillars support the ceiling overhead, all dark with smoke and age. There are several rough hewn tables and benches, with chairs and a main bar area as well. There is a great fireplace opposite the front door with a roaring fire warming all inside.

A large, smiling woman greets you all. She looks like the woman on the sign outside, plus twenty years and many more pounds. She is cheerfully tells you to take a seat anywhere as she brings a heaping pewter plate of venison and kidney pie with steaming root vegetables to a table of hungry patrons. Several barmaids and potboys circulate, bringing viands and drink, taking away the empty plates and flagons, stoking the fire, and so forth.

A large man with a mass of brown hair is at the bar and responds Grimulf with, We got all kinds of strong stuff here, lad. We've got ale, beer and mead, all in our regular and extra special varieties. We also have a few choice wines, some brandies and a nice liqueur, although I'm not sure you're up for it. Your partner there already ordered a round for your table, so sit back, enjoy your ale, and think about what you're gonna chase it with. And don't forget to fill that belly with food so you can take in more drink, he ends with a wink.

You all seat at a large circular table that easily holds the lot of you. A barmaid swings by with seven ales in wooden tankards and disappears. Finally the smiling goodwife returns, and asks for your order. At this time of day there are but two options, the plain supper or the elaborate one. You saw the plain supper being served earlier.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order

Grimulf 11/11
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 8/8
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Cayden 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Thurwin - Mage

Thurwin will order the plain supper and some ale to wash it down with. He'll bow politely to the curvy barmaids and When the goodwife returns, Thurwin will quietly ask her "Ma'am, we were approached by some fine local youths outside of town who'd told us of the need for some assistance. One of the gents mentioned that his mother worked here. Would you happen to know of what I am speaking? If so, we are here to help."

OOC: Thurwin doesn't intend to speak for everyone, but he's all about the do-gooder stuff, so he's a bit excited. He'll continue to survey the occupants for any remarkable persons good, bad or otherwise.
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk