A change of scenery and some new blood...

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

A change of scenery and some new blood...

Postby badams30 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:45 am

Rory departs quickly, having said his goodbyes, and you all file off to reflect and take care of business, agreeing to meet back at the Lady Luck by 6.

You all return, freshen up, and collect Grinkle from the stables, and head to the main room of the inn. Owenden greets you warmly as always. "Gentlemen, good to see you. Sorry to hear of Master Rory's departure." He shrugs and then says "Ah, your host is waiting for you in the private room, this way please." And he directs you to a short hallway adjacent to the fireplace, the hallway leads down a 20' hall and abruptly ends at a stout oaken door which he pulls open with a grunt and motions for you to enter. "Enjoy your meal, boys." And with that, Owenden departs.

Entering the room, you see a huge round table in the center of the room surrounded by 12 chairs. A smallish fireplace sits on the back wall, a healthy fire crackling inside it, filling the room with a comfortable heat. Standing toward the door is the wizard Flamsterd, with his clay pipe in one hand, and a large gold tankard in the other. He smiles as you enter the room and motions you to sit.

Also in the room is a human male about 5'8", with long white hair and a bushy white mustache. His face bears a long scar that runs at an angle across one eye, his nose and mouth, ending at the edge of his chin. He wears a suit of what is obviously fine quality plate armor, but it is scuffed, scratched and heavily dented and battered, and is a stark contrast to Marcus' immaculate plate. He has a triangular shield with a brightly gilded symbol of a flaming longsword on it - the symbol of Tempus, god of war. Hanging from his side is a large mace, quite wicked looking, and it glows with a faint pulsating red hue. Seated next to the man is a burly looking human, about 6' tall, clad in sturdy woodsman's clothing, a short sword at his side, and a very large pack on the floor next to him. He wears a heavy cloak with a brightly embroidered symbol of Tempus on the right breast. He looks to be in his 30s, and he smiles a toothy grin at you all as you enter. The man in the plate nods at you all and takes a huge drag from a tankard, ale spilling past the edges of the tankard. Finishing his big chug, he slams the tankard down on the table and wipes his mustache and face with his hand and nods at you all, tapping the table with the tankard as he does.

Flamstred smiles and sets his tankard down, and says "Friends, I'm glad you could make it. Please, gather some food, drink and let's talk about why I have asked you to meet with me."

From a small door in the left corner of the room, 2 barmaids appear and begin to bring in heaping plates of steaming meats, vegetables and other hearty fare. They also bring in a small keg on a cart and park it near the table. It has a spout on it, and no sooner does it park than the white haired man in plate collects his tankard and an extra one next to him and fills them both, taking them back to his seat with a satisfied grin.

Flamstred raises his hands and says "Eat, eat. Then we'll talk." He sits, puffing his pipe, watching each of you. The two men rise and gather some food, tearing into it like they haven't eaten in days. The man in plate drinks more than he eats, refilling his tankards at least 2-3 times in short order.

Actions?
badams30

Re: A change of scenery and some new blood...

Postby greyarea » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:00 am

Marcus, servant of Torm

Marcus eats and watches silently, waiting to see what the Warmaker's servants have to suggest.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:52 pm

Nahin - Elf

Nahin will also help himself to both food and drink. He will smile at the new faces but attempt to other contact for the time being.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:56 am

Everyone eats, and the priest of Tempus and his companion eat their fill, the priest drinking a large quantity of ale on his own. Once the plates are cleared, Flamstred has the barmaids leave some extra ale and logs for the fire, then bids them to depart. He stuffs his pipe with some new, fragrant tobacco, and puffs it lightly as he starts to walk slowly back and forth near the fireplace.

"Gentlemen, thank you for coming here. As I mentioned, I represent a benefactor who has need of experienced and honorable men such as yourselves. I'm prepared to offer you each 1000 gold pieces and four healing elixers for a guard mission. I need you to see a -" and with that, Flamstred is cut off as the oaken main door to the room bursts open, and an oddly attired gnome rushes into the room, cursing under his breath and brushing snow from his clothing. Without skipping a beat, the gnome says in an annoyed tone "This gig had better be more thought out than the last, 'cause I'm telling you, Arthur, I am NOT spending another minute in that damned cell. If I had to hear someone call me shorty again, I swear, I'd cut their peck- Huh? You aren't Arthur. Is this a trick? ARTHUR! AARRTHUR! This isn't funny. What's going on?"

Flamstred lowers his pipe and raises an eyebrow, a faint smirk crossing his face. During the disturbance, the priest had sprung out of his seat, and his glowing mace is in hand, and his burly companion stares at the gnome, his jaw hanging open and a blank look on his face.

The gnome stands awkwardly in the doorway, his gaze shifting slowly across all of you, lingering on the angry looking priest. He smiles a nervous and toothy grin.

Actions?
badams30

Postby kjc » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:31 am

Jayce - Fighter
Jayce drops his hand instinctively to the hilt of his sword. He keeps his seat, and his composure, however, as he assess the situation.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:12 am

Badobus Geargage, gnome

As the moments tick by in silence, the gnome's eyes linger on each of you in turn, making note of your height, wealth, weapons and any threat you might pose. He begins a slow chuckle of realization, shaking his finger at your host, eyebrow raised. "Arthur put you up to this, didn't he?" he asks Flamstred. "Didn't he?" The gnome lets out a sigh, then collapses into a chair, burying his face in has hand. "Never," he mutters, "ever, put Arthur in charge of anything!"

"All right," he says, collecting himself and sitting upright. "How much do you know, and what'll it cost to shut you up? And someone pour me a drink, will you? What do I look like, a goddam temperance nurse? Something strong! Step to it!"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:16 pm

Marcus, paladin

Marcus smiles at the gnome. Lighten up, Shorty. We're listening to Flamstred here and you're interrupting. Perhaps your Arthur fellow is in the next tavern down.

OOC: So much for my theory that tumblingdice was taking time off from this game. :) Glad to have you here are Badobus!
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:45 pm

As the gnome requests a drink, the burly man next to the priest stands, grabbing an empty tankard, but before he makes two steps from his chair, the priest hisses at him in a gravelly voice "SIT DOWN, HOWIE! What are you doing?" The burly young man shrugs his shoulder and says in a meek voice similar to a child "Sorry, I wuz gonna git him a drink like he axed." He gingerly sets the tankard down and returns to his seat, the priest next to him audibly growling in a low tone under his breath. His steely gaze is fixed on the gnome.

Flamstred chuckles and with a flourish says "Please, this Arthur may have taken his leave, but if you are a man of honor and courage, I may have some gainful employment of interest to you. What skills have you, and What say you, gnome?"

As Flamstred waits for a reply, the priest fumes in his seat, his knuckles white from clenching the handle of his mace. If people could spontaneously combust, it looks as though this man would be ablaze.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Apr 28, 2015 3:17 pm

greyarea wrote:OOC: So much for my theory that tumblingdice was taking time off from this game. :) Glad to have you here as Badobus!

Thanks. I like Brandon's game, but I was tired of Rory. While there are no boring characters, only lazy players, I just couldn't get into him. This new guy should be fun.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Spanningtree » Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:19 pm

Nahin - Elf

Pushing a potato around his plate with a fork he takes in the unfolding circus as entertainment. He waits to hear what needs to be done to receive the payment.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Next

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure