Draw A Monster, Get A Manual

This forum is for displaying your artwork for feedback, or just for fun.

Draw A Monster, Get A Manual

Postby sniderman » Mon Jun 11, 2012 5:09 pm

Hey gang,

This post is targeted to anybody with an inkling of artistic ability (or anyone brave enough to give it the ol' "college try"). I'm now wrapping up work on my first (!) Mutant Future supplement. It's a "monster manual" of sorts, with more than 90 mutated miscreants -- most of which have appeared on my blog, The Savage AfterWorld. All that's missing are sketches of the various creatures within -- and that's where you come in.

Posted at the link << HERE >> is a document with the "color text" for each of the creatures appearing in the book. (The stat blocks and formatting have been removed.) Take a gander and see if you'd like a crack at drawing any of them. If you draw one creature that appears in the final book, you get a PDF of the final supplement of your very own. If you draw three creatures, you get both a PDF and the print version of the final supplement. All artists will be credited up front in the book, and artists retain all rights to their contributions. (I just ask for permission to run the drawing solely in this book in perpetuity.)

If interested, drop me a line at gameagain (at) gmail (dot) com and "claim" the creature you'd like to draw. (So we don't have two or three folks working on the same critter.) If available, I'll let you know and you can then draw up your take on the mutant. When done, fire it in to me for approval. If you'd like to tackle another, let me know. And so forth...

The book will be in a two-column format, so maximum art width (to appear on the page) is 5 inches. Height can be up to 8 inches. (In other words, steer clear of any "landscape"-oriented works as they'll disappear once reduced to a 5-inch width. Stick to "portrait" orientations.) We need black and white art (no color) at 300 dpi, and avoid graduated shading (as it may not print well). Other than that, you make the call.

To reiterate: You do not have to be a professional artist with a massive portfolio of published works. As long as you make an honest effort (no stick figures please), I should be fine with your contribution. (Although I do reserve the right to say "No thanks.")

That's about it. If you have any questions, drop me a line at gameagain (at) gmail (dot) com.
sniderman

Re: Draw A Monster, Get A Manual

Postby Griffith » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 am

So I am supposing that this "monster manual" became The Deviant Database.
And you are no longer in need of illustrations?
Griffith

Re: Draw A Monster, Get A Manual

Postby sniderman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:39 pm

Griffith wrote:So I am supposing that this "monster manual" became The Deviant Database.

Correct-a-mundo. (The original post was June last year.)
And you are no longer in need of illustrations?

Well, not for the DD anyway. 8-)
sniderman

Return to Art Forum