FREE RPG DAY- anyone?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

FREE RPG DAY- anyone?

Postby Blood axe » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:53 pm

If anyone is going to their local Hobby Shop and snags some extras.... can you get me a DCC RPG, LL/AEC, maybe other good loot? I'll pay postage/packing of course.
I have no participating shop within a reasonable distance of me. :(
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: FREE RPG DAY- anyone?

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:05 am

Hi BA,

When is it?

Last time I stumbled upon one of these at the FLGS and I didn't realize you had to get there when the place opens basically or all the good stuff is gone

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Blood axe » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:04 am

Scalydemon wrote:Hi BA,

When is it?

Last time I stumbled upon one of these at the FLGS and I didn't realize you had to get there when the place opens basically or all the good stuff is gone

Tomorrow. June 15th !
Blood axe

Postby Scalydemon » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 am

I got an email from Noble Knight

Free Product List:
Fantasy Flight Games - Star Wars RPG - Edge of the Empire - Shadows of a Black Sun
Paizo Publishing - Pathfinder Modules - 2nd-5th Levels - We Be Goblins Too!
Catalyst Game Labs Classic Battletech & Shadowrun (5th Edition) - Battletech/Shadowrun - Quick-Start Rules Flipbook
Frog God Games - Swords & Wizardry - Hall of Bones
Flying Buffalo - Tunnels & Trolls - Deluxe Tunnels & Trolls Preview Pack
Goodman Games - Dungeon Crawl Classics RPG/XCrawl - Dungeon Crawl Classics/XCrawl Combo Adventures
Onyx Path Publishing - Vampire - The Requiem - Reap the Whirlwind
Obatron Productions - Tunse'Al (Savage Worlds) - Tunse'Al Quick Starts & Side Tracks
Catalyst Game Labs - Cosmic Patrol - Quick-Start Rules w/The Eiger Agenda
Troll Lord Games - Castles & Crusades - A Pot of Broken Bones & Halfling Broth
Lamentations of the Flame Princess - Better than any Man
Q-Workshop - Steampunk Dice - D6 2013 Free RPG Day Die - Brown w/Yellow
Chessex - D6 2013 Free RPG Day Die
Blue Panther - Dice Towers & Dungeon Tiles - Knockdown Dice Tower (Value Edition)
Electronic Arts - Supreme Heroes - Supreme Heroes Coloring Pad
Louis Porter, Jr. Design - NeoExodus (Pathfinder) - Temple of the Forbidden God

MORE FREE ITEMS!!

Feel free to checkout our "One Cent Items" section on our website for a variety of other .01 items (one per $15 spent in your order please). We added this section merely because I remember how I enjoyed going into a game store when I was young and getting some cool catalogs or other surplus items to look over at home. I hope you find the same enjoyment out of it that I did back then.

Valid while supplies last only!

We hope that you enjoy Free RPG Day!!

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:20 am

I walked out with LotFP's Better Than Any Man and they finally had Munchkin in stock, so I picked that up. They also had a copy of Labyrinth Lord core rules, Idol of the Orcs and the LL screen. Going back for the LL screen as I already of IotO (pdf) and LL core. But I'm torn because my LLc is the purple cover and my LLacc is b/w, so my ocd kicks in when I look at them side by side. I really don't have ocd, I'm just looking for justification to buy the copy I don't have.

I will say this. The newer style covers make the books stand out on the shelves because they are just so different than the other game books out there. Real eye grabbers.

Shout out to my FLGS, Gateway Games and More. Great people in there. So if you're in the Cincinnati, OH area (eastside) give them a try.
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Postby Scalydemon » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:22 am

The Lizard of Oz wrote:I walked out with LotFP's Better Than Any Man

I was curious what this seemed to be about, and/or if it looks good? It is an odd title for an adventure

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
And all is through.

Scalydemon

Postby The Lizard of Oz » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:22 am

The production value is top notch and definitely adult themed. I haven't read much past the author's notes and using this adventure section because I'm not sure if I want to run it or play it but the artwork, well, its Raggi's style so either people are gonna love it or hate it. Personally, I love the art he has done for his publications. It is set in the 1600s Europe but like most adventures, with a little work, I'm sure it could be adopted to your own campaign world. The cover has the map on the inside but it doesn't come stapled, so no worries about tearing it out if you want to use it.

Like I said, I haven't read much of it but it looks to be filled with locations, maps, npcs, some spells and items.... so it can be mined for quite a bit of useful aides to use in your game if you decide not to run it as-is.

It is physically small but I'm sure that was to keep production costs down but it doesn't suffer for it. It is easy on the eyes. It also comes with plenty of 18+ explicit content warnings. It is a LotFP product after all.

Here are some discussions about the adventure with more to come I'm sure.

http://lotfp.blogspot.com/2013/06/bette ... n-and.html

I had listened to the Geek and Genki interview and it is what made me want to get it. Haven't listened to the Jennisodes podcast yet.
No man is more dangerous than one convinced of his own moral superiority.
The Lizard of Oz

Postby Blood axe » Sun Jun 16, 2013 9:54 am

Anybody get a spare copy of that Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classic adventure? :D
Blood axe

Postby redwullf » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:35 pm

My loot from yesterday's Free RPG Day:

I played D&D Next (Vault of the Dracolich, my PC can be seen poking out from behind the map), Shadowrun (5th Edition - it's in a flip-book with Battletech on the other side), and Pathfinder's "We Be Goblins Too" (again, PC seen sticking out from book on left).

Many good times. I will remain on record as someone who really likes where D&D Next is going - enjoying the system very much.

Also, it was awesome to play Shadowrun again, even if only for a brief one-shot. I haven't played since first edition, back in the early 90's, so it was great to break out a huge pile of d6s and run the shadows once again. My street samurai made short work of our mobster perp with his katana.

Finally, Pathfinder's continuation of the theme where players assume the roles of pesky, nasty, but hillarious little goblins. All I can say about the module is that it started out "cute" but then got vicious as goblins caught on fire, were maimed, and suffered other horrible afflictions. Good times!

Can't wait 'til next year.
“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby Blood axe » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:36 pm

Not having a local hobby shop really sucks. I want a copy of the free Dungeon Crawl Classic from Goodman Games. Guess I will have to buy it on Ebay.
Blood axe

Next

Return to Open Discussion