Modern Weapons

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Modern Weapons

Postby 1970 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:25 pm

Can someone tell me the difference between single shot and automatic weapons, or even the same sort of weapons? Is it all in clip size and reload time or am I missing something?

Re: Modern Weapons

Postby Malcadon » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:46 am

Each firearm notes a "Trigger Type" on the weapons stats.

Normal: 1 shot per combat round.
Automatic Fire: 2 shots per combat round.
Rapid Fire: 3 shots per combat round.

Automatic and Rapid Fire, characters way opt to fire fewer shots. Having the ability to make multiple attacks in a combat round would only allow you to make an extra shot per round (were Advanced Firearms allows you to use your full amount of actions a round). So if you can make three melee attacks a round, you can normally fire 2 times a round, or up to 4 shots a round with a Rapid Fire weapon (or 3 shots normally, or up to 6 shots, if you are using an Advanced Firearm with Rapid Fire capability). You are also limited by the rounds you have left in your clip or magazine.

For most clip/magazine/belt-feed weapons, it takes one round to fully reload them. "Black powder" (muskets, old cannons, etc.) weapons takes 3 rounds to load just one round. Shotguns takes one round just to reload two shells. Cannons (autocannons, howitzers, recoilless rifles, etc.) and grenade launchers requires a whole round to load a single shot. I assume that having multiple attacks a round would also allow you to quickly reload and fire a (non-cannon/grenade launcher/black powder) weapon in a single round, at the cost of that extra shot, but I'm unsure.

See, page 49 and 110 for more (or less) details.
Malcadon

Location: I'm at your game table, fuled by caffeine and madness!!!

Postby 1970 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:51 am

Got it. Thanks!

Postby angleblue63 » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:06 am

"So what did your PC do to become a warlock? Snort his order's founder's remains mixed with this worlds version of cocaine, embezzle money from his order, betray his fellow mambers or unleash an angry monster in the middle of his order's sanctum? Maybe your guy sold some of its secrets, broke a few relics or misused order property. He could have even murdered his master or a fellow apprentice.
angleblue63

Postby sniderman » Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:04 pm

angleblue63 wrote:"So what did your PC do to become a warlock? Snort his order's founder's remains mixed with this worlds version of cocaine, embezzle money from his order, betray his fellow mambers or unleash an angry monster in the middle of his order's sanctum? Maybe your guy sold some of its secrets, broke a few relics or misused order property. He could have even murdered his master or a fellow apprentice.

sniderman

Postby Agrippa » Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:37 pm

angleblue63 wrote:"So what did your PC do to become a warlock? Snort his order's founder's remains mixed with this worlds version of cocaine, embezzle money from his order, betray his fellow mambers or unleash an angry monster in the middle of his order's sanctum? Maybe your guy sold some of its secrets, broke a few relics or misused order property. He could have even murdered his master or a fellow apprentice.

Wrong thread, besides you just stole my quote and are trying pass it off as your own.
Agrippa

Return to Mutant Future