Favorite Adventure-( new or old) ??

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Favorite Adventure-( new or old) ??

Postby Blood axe » Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:25 am

What is your all time favorite adventure???

Fantasy- Keep on the Borderlands

Sci-fi- Famine in Fargo
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Re: Favorite Adventure-( new or old) ??

Postby badams30 » Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:38 pm

The Temple of Elemental Evil.
It wasn't that great of a module, but at the time I played in it, it seemed so expansive and so detailed. The Keep is a close second for me.
badams30

Postby kipper » Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:41 pm

B4 (Lost City).

First module I played as a youngster in the early '80s (my dad as DM, my bro and I as players), although I think we only got in one gaming session (we got as far as the second level, "Tier 2") before the game collapsed due to infighting between my bro & I :lol:. I have since re-aquired it (eBay) and absolutely love it. I'm dying to run it, but I'm too busy as a Player at the moment and I can't seem to stop joining new PbP games :D !
kipper

Postby austrodavicus » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:19 pm

B2 Keep on the Borderlands for me too.
austrodavicus

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:04 pm

kipper wrote:B4 (Lost City).

First module I played as a youngster in the early '80s (my dad as DM, my bro and I as players), although I think we only got in one gaming session (we got as far as the second level, "Tier 2") before the game collapsed due to infighting between my bro & I :lol:. I have since re-aquired it (eBay) and absolutely love it. I'm dying to run it, but I'm too busy as a Player at the moment and I can't seem to stop joining new PbP games :D !

What a great memory! :D

As a kid, there were either never enough people to play a proper game, or not enough time to finish the game if there were. So, most of my experience with old modules is from reading them in hopes of playing them one day, which has finally arrived.

From my reading, B10 was my favorite, which is why I'm running it.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:32 am

B4. Zargon (was that his name?) was one bad mutha. That guy gave me the willies when our group fought him. I don't have the module, but I remember it fondly... wow... that's old.
badams30

Postby kjc » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 am

Fantasy: VILLAGE OF HOMMLET I started with AD&D , I could just about run that one in my sleep!
Sci Fi: CHAMAX PLAGUE (Traveller)

30+ years of gaming has allowed me to recycle scenarios more than once :D
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby oldgamergeek » Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:46 am

fantasy = Keep on the Borderlands.
Sci - Fi = Anomalies for 4th edition Traveller.
Post Apocalypse = the starter adventure in Aftermath.
"Our community is like a Heavy Metal concert, full of life and passion. Theirs is like a therapy session needing someone to tell them what to do and how to be happy."
oldgamergeek

Postby Vargr1105 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:51 am

Fantasy = none, never ran or played a published module. :(

Horror = One of the introductory adventures on the CoC rulebook whose name I can't remember rigtht now. It is the only normal CoC scenario I have ever seen that provides a logical, common sense reason why the group of investigators bands together and investigates, even if none of them know each other beforehand. Must have run it 6 times for different groups as the intro adventure. Shows just how ill-planned, ham-fisted and railroading most other CoC adventures really are.

Sci-Fi = As a Game Master, CHAMAX PLAGUE, one of the only two modules I've ran for Mongoose Traveller, the other being TYPE S. Chamax plague is an Alien's ripoff that was phenomenal to run with an inventive group.
As a player, CROWDED HOURS. the only Traveller adventure I've played and where I lost two PCs, but the second was instrumental in saving the survivors.

oldgamergeek wrote:Sci - Fi = Anomalies for 4th edition Traveller.

Which one is the 4th edition exactly? I know CT = 1st and MT = 2nd .
Vargr1105

Postby Atomic Ray » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:44 am

I was never a module junkie...usually just built the setting for myself...but there was one in particular...

Expedition to the Barrier Peaks!
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Next

Return to Open Discussion