Welcome to Daggerford!

badams30's Labyrinth Lord p=b-p game.

Moderator: badams30

Re: Welcome to Daggerford!

Postby badams30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:32 am

My, how the time flies...

You find that settling in to Daggerford is easy, and you can't say that you've met one local who isn't a nice person. Despite your adventuring itch, you can see how people would be happy to call this a home. While you have been getting integrated with the Troop and town, you've found it a bit odd that you have yet to see one key personage in town in the two weeks you've been here. When you ask about it, people don't seem to notice, or don't care. Usually you get comments like "Well, this place is growing, and they spend a lot of time forging ties with Waterdeep, or strengthening them with Secomber or the local holds. Can never have too many friends, right?" Or some people just don't notice. With the first signs of fall in the air, the focus is on tending crops, and gathering food for man and beast for the upcoming winter.

Due to shorthanded Troop strength, you are asked to pull a couple days of guard duty in your fist two days on the job. You find it to be fairly mundane, and aside from a drunk farmer who had passed out in front of the Happy Cow Tavern, and a lame horse that needed tending, that is the bulk of your excitement. You have all basically concluded that this is a good way to recoup between adventures, and a good way to earn some extra coin and gather rumors. So for the time being, you all agree that this isn't too bad of a gig.

While you all are out doing your own thing, you do tend to converge on the inn to have an ale or chat, or just soak in the atmosphere. You find that despite only being a "resident" for two weeks, the town has embraced you, and treats you like one of the family.

You are all gathered at the inn one evening, with no plans for the next couple of days, when a familiar sight, Sgt. Schultz, comes through the door, attired in his obligatory studded leather (you all swear that you've never seen him not in uniform... he's a nice fellow, but all about the business of guarding the city. He in fact knows MUCH... not NUTHINK. You like him, but wouldn't say he's a friend.) He approaches your table, much like the first night you were in the city, and he grimaces slightly, saying... "Uhh... sorry to ask you this, but Alfred and his squad have been called to Secomber to assist in guarding an official caravan bound to Waterdeep. They will be accompanying it only part of the way there, but that leaves us short on guards this week." He sheepishly looks at you all and says, "Would you all mind pulling duty? I'll put you on the wall, nothing going on there. A couple days and WHAM! you'll have a week off." He smiles weakly and says "what do you say? "What's the worst that could happen?"
badams30

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 am

DAK

... ok with a smile to Schultz.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby badams30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 am

How could I forget about Dak?

Dak: You have moved to the barracks from Cromach's shop, and he says while he's sad to see you go, he knows you will go far. He tells you that you are welcome to come back to work for him anytime, and if you need to repair armor or weapons, you can use his forge in the evening if you need to.
You have also noticed that although people usually treated you respectfully, if a bit standoffish, earlier, the fact that you are now a part of this new band of heroes in town has made you almost as accepted as anyone in town. You do get some stares and some comments from those who are out of towners, but usually nothing of substance, as one look at your size and no-nonsense attitude usually clears out the morons.

You have grown to trust your new friends, and they seem to welcome you as well, not treating you as anything but an equal. Perhaps you've finally found your calling?
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:45 am

Nahin - Elf'inator

Looking over to Sgt. Shultz, I can do that, sir.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Atomic Ray » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:53 am

Han Overfist, augur

"wall don't wall, stay don't stay, it is all the same to me...sure I will go, pret zou moeten zijn"
“The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of the infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.”
― H.P. Lovecraft
Atomic Ray

Postby kjc » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:22 am

badams30 wrote:"what do you say? "What's the worst that could happen?"

OOC:Yeah, that never ends well...
Like the song says: "nuthin' ever happens in this sleepy little town..."
;)

Jayce - Fighter

Sure Sarge, glad to do my part
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Rory raises an eyebrow at Sgt. Schultz' request. "Guards? On guard duty? Well, I believe I've heard it all." He pauses for a moment, then adds with a wink. "Of course, Sargent. It's the least we can do after the hospitality we've been shown."

OC: kjc reminded me that the first round of food and drinks on day one was on the house, so I shouldn't have deducted some of the money I deducted. Still, in the weeks since, I'm sure Rory has racked something of a bar tab. If I should deduct more, please let me know.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby badams30 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:50 pm

Since it's not too important in the scheme of things, we'll do this via the honor system. If you've been hitting the inn a lot, just deduct a handful of silver or a couple gold. That takes into account some of the free rounds, etc. I think that's fine. Use your judgement.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:05 pm

Marcus, paladin

"By Torm, I will gladly take guard duty. It's not called duty for nothing!" he says with a smile. The paladin always seems up for helping out.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:02 am

OCC: Deducting 2gp for Nahins pub shenanigans.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Forgotten Realms: Northlands of Adventure