SHIPPING OUT

Moderator: Saedor

SHIPPING OUT

Postby Saedor » Wed May 14, 2014 11:01 pm

As the S.F.S. Proteus orbits serenely around the massive Starbase Delta, the crew prepare her for her mission. At the bridge communications station, Spaceman Kathy Griffon reports, "Sir, we have an incoming transmission from Starbase Delta. Putting it onscreen."

The bridge viewscreen clouds over and refocuses, showing the image of a young human male in the gold uniform of the command division.

"Hello Proteus!" says the man. "I'm Lieutenant Ray Thomas, former commander of the Proteus. I just wanted to give you all a good luck send-off as you begin your travels. The Proteus is a fine little ship and I will always have a soft spot in my heart for her. Good luck!"

Lieutenant Thomas' image fades off the screen, as another transmission, voice only, echoes through the bridge.

"S.F.S. Proteus, this is Starbase Delta control. Tractors are released, you are free to navigate. Good luck. Control out."

At the navigation station, Ensign Milton Lynwood, a young blonde human male speaks in an Australian accent. "Sir, I've plotted a suggested course for our mission. On screen now, for your approval"

The following image appears on the viewscreen.

Ensign Lynwood adds, Recommend half shields while we're at warp. Just in case."

Meanwhile the other crewmembers continue to ready their posts. Spaceman Janelle Rose is in the biology lab. Ensign Joshua Stanek and Spaceman Kurgh Rologh are at the ships locker checking weapons and equipment, while Spaceman Vincent Stanton is readying the bridge fire control station.

Actions?
Saedor

Re: SHIPPING OUT

Postby merias » Thu May 15, 2014 10:17 am

Prytha "Pryt" T'Pul, Engineer

Pryt studies the course on her linked monitor in the engine room. She hails Captain Singh on the ship's communicator. Although new to his command, there is no hint of uncertaintly in her voice.

"Engine room to Captin Singh. Prytha here, Captain. I recommend warp 4 to the Mygatt system and that we don't travel with screens, this will allow us some energy reserve should we need to defend ourselves or change course."
merias

Postby greyarea » Thu May 15, 2014 3:52 pm

Lyta Kosh, medscience ensign

Lyta keeps watch over the medical controls its assigned to.

edited to show that Lyta is all medical and whatnot
Last edited by greyarea on Thu May 15, 2014 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Thu May 15, 2014 5:43 pm

Ensign Genghis, command

Listening to Ensign Lynwood he will walk up behind him and double check the heading to Mygatt: Bring us on course.

Hearing Ensign T'Pul's request over the comms: A tight timeline was not stipulated, let us stretch our legs with care on this first leg.... he will say to no one in particular.

Replying to both Ensign T'Pul and Lynwood: Warp three with one quarter shields. Take it away Mr. Lynwood. He will say as he turns back to take his seat.

Ms. T'Pul, if you encounter any issues with power reserves please relay.

To Ms. Kosh: This might be a good opportunity to run some of the sensor suites through diagnostics and see if the maintenance crews on Delta followed through.

Over general comms: It is a pleasant day to make all of your acquaintance. As you all know I am Captain Singh. This is the first time most of us have shipped out together. I will take the time to get to know each of you personally. Let's to the federation proud!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Saedor » Thu May 15, 2014 7:14 pm

((OOC - Considering Spaceman Lyta Kosh's skills and choice of equipment, I would assume her to be acting as the medical officer. Her psionic abilities would help in this area as well. Ensign Urgora Alak would be the chief science officer. However, I do not want to limit your characters in any way, and Spaceman Kosh is quite able to act as the ships science officer.))

((In much the same way, NPC Spaceman Kathy Griffon can act as Communications, Engineering or Navigation as needed, and NPC Spacemen Vincent Stanton and Kurgh Rologh can act as Security or Fire Control.))
Saedor

Postby Craigers07 » Fri May 16, 2014 3:49 am

Ensign Urgora Alak, Science

Urgora watches the video transmission and then settles into the science station.
Last edited by Craigers07 on Fri May 16, 2014 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Craigers07

Postby Saedor » Fri May 16, 2014 12:29 pm

"Aye Captain," says Ensign Lynwood as he adjusts the helm controls. "Course set for the Mygatt system. Engaging at warp three."

The stars on the viewscreen shift about as the Proteus rotates to match the course, then begin to cascade inward as the thrumming sound of the warp drive intensifies.

At the fire control station, Spaceman Stanton reports, "Shields at twenty five percent."

A few moments later Ensign Lynwood spins around in his chair to face the Captain and says, "E.T.A. to the Mygatt system, 40 hours. So, does anyone know anything about the place? Anyone been there before?"
Saedor

Postby Spanningtree » Fri May 16, 2014 7:51 pm

Ensign Genghis, command

I cannot say that I have been.There are a lot of places I have not been... With a distant look in his eyes. How about anyone else?

Pulling up a screen on his console he will do a search on Mygatt in an attempt to get a sense of the area, some kind of general profile. He will also check to see if there have been any other fleet activities in the area beyond resupply.

OCC: Still figuring who's who. :)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri May 16, 2014 8:18 pm

Lyta Kosh, medscience ensign

As an ensign, Lyta usually doesn't respond unless directly spoken to, seeing as most officers are speaking to each other, not lowly ensigns. Lyta thinks back on its travels and doesn't recall ever being in this system before. It smiles to itself and continues monitoring the medstation.
greyarea

Postby Saedor » Fri May 16, 2014 10:58 pm

The following information is available through the ships library computer...

MYGATT SYSTEM

Mygatt is a binary star system, consisting of two M-class dwarf stars. The two stars, Mygatt A and Mygatt B are in close orbit to each other and spin around a central trojan point. The two stars are close enough that their magnetic fields overlap and ejected stellar material stretches between them, giving the stars a 'barbell' appearance.

The Mygatt system has seven sattelites. The inner five are class W worlds, little more than large rocks. Mygatt VI is a class K gas giant. Mygatt VI has no stable moons but is surrounded by dust and rocky debris.

Mygatt VII is a class P world. With numerous shifting tectonic plates the land surface is covered with volcanoes. Earthquake activity is also common, creating an ever shifting landscape of volcanic mountains. The planet has large, churning oceans covering 70% of the planets surface.

Despite this, Mygatt VII is home to a thriving ecosystem. Plant life tends to have a quick lifespan, with flora growing rapidly to take advantage of the shifting surface. Animal life is carbon based, and also has a high metabolic rate.

Mygatt VII has a native population of sentient humanoids. The Mygatti as they are called, are short (averaging 5' in height) stocky beings, with medium to dark tan skin and reddish brown to dark brown hair. They are stong and hardy, as well as quick and agile. They are currently at the late stone age technology level (They are Primitive Men in game terms).

Mygatt VII was occupied by the Zangids during the First Interstellar War. The Zangids made a half-hearted attempt to enslave the Mygatti, but were only moderately successful due to the light population base of the Mygatti and their primitive understanding. After a space battle in the system the Zangids retreated and Space Force personnel took over the world.

As the Mygatti were already contaminated by contact with the Zangids and due to the percieved threat of their possible return, Space Force set up a defensive base on the world and made friendly contact with the natives. As time passed the need for military occupation dissipated and the base was transformed into a scientific and trading outpost.

Currently Mygatt VII has a Confederation population of around 2,000. The base is carved out of the side of a volcanic mountain and is frequented by traders and scientists studying geology and biology. There are several semi-nomadic tribes of native Mygatti who remain in friendly contact with the base, but competing tribes exist. Any travellers who venture outside the base are warned to be wary of hostile natives.
Saedor

Next

Return to Saedor's Starships & Spacemen game