Odd question about GG icon

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

Odd question about GG icon

Postby Thoth Amon » Wed Nov 02, 2011 12:21 pm

I've noticed that most websites I visit change the icon in my bookmarks list to website icon - for instance, ebay looks like ebay, amazon has the swishy a thingie, Dragonsfoot has the DF logo. Goblinoid Games doesn't have this. I've looked in Firefox, Chrome and IE and I just have a blank spot there. It has been this way for as long as I have been visiting the GG forums. Is there any reason why this is?
Thoth Amon

Re: Odd question about GG icon

Postby redwullf » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:04 pm

I believe you're referring to the "Favicon" that appears in front of the URL. If that is the case, this just means GG doesn't have a favicon setup on their server. They're optional, and not all sites have them.

“The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs. He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own.” E. G. G.
redwullf

Postby Wizardawn » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Dan has one for the MAIN Goblinoid Games website with the letter "G". He would just need to do the same for the forums with a line of code after the <head> tag...

<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="ggfav.png">
Wizardawn

Postby sniderman » Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:28 pm

djeryv wrote:Dan has one for the MAIN Goblinoid Games website with the letter "G".

Yup, it looks like this:

sniderman

Return to Open Discussion