Pacesetter Wish List

This forum is for general discussion about Pacesetter products and the Pacesetter System. This forum is also appropriate for historical Paesetter ltd. products that are no longer part of the product line.

Pacesetter Wish List

Postby MattyHelms » Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Because I love what you're doing with Pacesetter, I'm inspired to share my list of cool things I'd love to see. In ascending order of dream size:

1- An updated downloadable Action Table that replaces the "Combat Procedure" and "Sequence of Play" with result lists for attribute checks, knowledge skill checks, research skill checks, and Direct Action Checks.

2 - A new space opera game. You've mentioned that one is coming in the future without the Star Ace setting. Is a conversion of Starships and Spacemen possible?

3 - Generic Pacesetter rules book containing all the system bits and none of the setting (like what Chaosium did with BRP a few years back)

4 - Since you have a system with a color action chart, is it time to capture the spirit of a classic marvelous superhero game?

5 - Cryptworld: Black Morn Manor

Ahh, dreaming is fun, isn't it?
MattyHelms

Re: Pacesetter Wish List

Postby Vlark » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:21 am

6. An irregularly published house zine or fanzine with supplementary materials for the Pacesetter line.
Vlark

Postby greyarea » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:49 pm

Sniderman's blog The Savage Afterworld http://savageafterworld.blogspot.com/ is close to a Pacesetter zine. Great stuff in there.

He's currently running a Pacesetter PbP game here http://www.goblinoidgames.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=83 and has run one before (which can be found here: viewforum.php?f=59)

Good stuff.
greyarea

Postby Goblinoid Games » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:07 pm

Ahhhhh, so many ideas so little time!

I can comment on a few. I don't have immediate plans for a space opera game, it is a different sort of sci-fi game. I'm sort of stalled on it at the moment, not sure when I will come back to it.

I have been thinking of starting a zine, not solely for Pacesetter but to cover al of my product lines. It might be the only way I can keep material coming for all of them a bit at a time. I ahve accumulated a LOT of different lines but I am only one person.

I'd like to do a board game. Not sure when, but it will happen some day.

As for a generic rule book, that might be something I do, though initially I am thinking of some sort of intro book that would be free to get people started and introduced to the system.
Goblinoid Games
Site Admin

Postby seneschal » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:31 pm

As long as we're wishing (and realizing Dan is snowed under with projects), a Pacesetter bestiary would be nice -- not just monsters but regular animals PCs might encounter in any sort of campaign. Cryptworld included a few of them but a broader range is needed. We need riding beasts, dinosaurs and giant mammals for TimeMaster missions, jungle and/or desert animals for pulp or super spy adventures in exotic locales, weird creatures of the deep for seafaring campaigns, giant rats and cockroaches to feed upon the zombies during the Rotworld apocalypse, space critters to liven up sci-fi games.
seneschal

Postby BlUsKrEEm » Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:09 am

1)Pacesetter Basic (I'd love digital here.)

2) Time Master Bestiary (what's the fun of time travel with no dinosaurs or cave men?)

3) Majus Material (I don't care what, just more Majus!)

4)Pace Setter Open License (Ok I've gone years with out publishing any RPG material, but it could happen.)

5) Genera / Setting articles (maybe a zine article serries about adapting Pacesetter to different generas.)
BlUsKrEEm

Postby MattyHelms » Mon Feb 16, 2015 8:41 pm

BlUsKrEEm wrote:2) Time Master Bestiary (what's the fun of time travel with no dinosaurs or cave men?)

3) Majus Material (I don't care what, just more Majus!)

I should add these to my list.
But let's not limit the bestiary to Timemaster - pretty much all my games feature dinosaurs at some point. :D
MattyHelms

Postby greyarea » Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:40 pm

MattyHelms wrote:I should add these to my list.
But let's not limit the bestiary to Timemaster - pretty much all my games feature dinosaurs at some point. :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
greyarea

Return to General Pacesetter Discussion