Game Thread 2 - Enter the Krakeland Marsh

Scalydemon's p-b-p LL game

Moderator: Scalydemon

Re: Game Thread 2 - Enter the Krakeland Marsh

Postby Fools Jest » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:26 pm

Immalor, Elf

While the three scout about for another entrance. Immalor will examine the black portal closely without touching it. Hopefully the language may be decipherable upon further inspection, or he will notice some other details like a switch, handle, hinges, etc. He will also cast Detect Magic, and examine the door as well as the falchion we retrieved from the old church.
Fools Jest

Postby Scalydemon » Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:58 pm

The 2 elves, Zavenorrin, and Immalor inspect the runes above the door and the door itself more closely as the rest of the group scouts around the building's perimiter.

No other entrances are found. The scouting party finds the skeletal remains of a large bird, possibly a crow around back, but no other entrances.

Looking more closely at the door it seems to have a lock, but no knob or latch. Zavenorrin tests it and it appears to be unlocked and pulls open creakily on it's rusted iron hinges. A sharp musty smell escapes from the interior of the structure as of ancient death.

Looking at the runic writing above the door, Immalor can only make out a few words in the golden, arachaic lawful script, "Know ye, ........enter...fear"

As the thief, Leon makes his way back to the entrance he examines the script also, (Read Languages roll , 37 success!). Leon interprets the archaic script to read, "Know ye that this is the tomb of F'Chelrak. Enter with fear and trembling......But ware ye, as F'Chelrak would leave again."

Detect Magic is cast upon the door and falchion. The blade glows magic. The item does not appear cursed as it is able to be gripped and re-sheathed again.

It is now 1145am. A breeze is picking up from the east driving the thick grey rimmed clouds across the sky on the horizon as you look out over the moors.
What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:13 am

Eggi

"Well... now that we know this blade aint cursed... anyone want it now?!?!! HEHE... I'd-a-taken it not knowin if it be cursed 'er not!! Lemme have it instead o'me long sword an I'll fight with it!! Up ta tha group though!"
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby Vargr1105 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Balfa

"It is like something out of the old sagas." the dwarf mumbles in a serious tone, "An old tomb and a dire warning..."

After a second he lets out a rumbling laugh in complete contrast with the words just spoken.

"Shall we go in?"
Vargr1105

Postby greyarea » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:59 pm

Turin, cleric

I agree, Balfa. It is indeed ominous. He smiles at the dwarf. I say we enter.
greyarea

Postby Jeffery St. Clair » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:49 am

Leon chuckled. He'd enter, all right. But not with the "fear and trembling" bit, that was certain.
Jeffery St. Clair

Postby Scalydemon » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:35 pm

The building/tomb appeared larger from your earlier vantage on the nearby hill, but up close it appears as a square black structure, measuring 15' x 15' x 15'. It is constructed of a jet black stone and thorny ivory and moss have invaded the exterior.

Zavenorrin the Elf, cautiously creaks back the 10' iron door on it's rusted hinges. The musty odor detected earlier is in full effect now and makes those in front gag a bit in distaste.

You enter into a dark square room, the size of the building itself (15' x 15'). {Saving Throws vs spells: rolls: Immalor 7, Balfa 2, Turin 6, Leon 16, Zavenorrin 19, Egbert 20} Immalor, Balfa, and Turin all are overcome with a deep sense of dread and loathing of this place. A crow caws outside, and all three of them look around in wild eyed distrust clutching their hand weapons defensively, but no actual danger presents itself.

The light from outside filters into the dark room. It is empty save for a stairwell in the back half of the room that leads down below the earth. Looking down you see 10' wide stone steps leading down at a 45degree angle into pitch darkness.

What are your next actions?

Let the red dawn surmise
What we shall do,
When this blue starlight dies
And all is through.

Publisher of AFS Magazine An old school gaming & pulp literature fanzine available in print only http://hallsoftizunthane.blogspot.com/
Scalydemon

Postby Vargr1105 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:11 pm

Balfa

"Brrrrr! There is foul magics in the air here. But I still say we go in and confront whatever is sending forth this miasma of fear. What say you?"
Vargr1105

Postby greyarea » Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:50 pm

Turin, cleric

Turin starts. He's overwhelmed by this feeling of dread. I don't know if I can progress further, friends, but I will try. I can't help feeling that this is a useless enterprise, that we are all doomed.
greyarea

Postby Fools Jest » Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 pm

Immalor, Elf

Immalor looks around a bit wildly and grasps his axe haft.

"I too have a feeling of dread about this cursed place. Lets leave this place and be done with it, tis an evil hive and it does not like strangers..."
Fools Jest

PreviousNext

Return to Night of the Walking Wet