Through the Never

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Through the Never

Postby badams30 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:44 pm

Question: Does the wall encircle the thing? Does it have any break (top, back, etc) that we can see?

IC:
Grimes drops his invisibility and stands next to Dandy, Wave at the ready, thinking "you may have us now, but when this wall comes down, I'm going to stick you with the power of Poseidon and dance on your ugly corpse."
If there is an opening, he'll head that way, otherwise, he waits with Dandy.
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:07 pm

Castinus keeps his bow held at the ready, watching in horror as Dieter retreats, willing to lose an eye. He'll fire when able.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby Craigers07 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 8:31 pm

Furuk - Fighter

Furuk turns and exits the room after hearing the voice in his head and seeing Dieter leaving.

He will head over to the eye room with the mage.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:46 pm

Don't split the party...

Preposito Round 5

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 3 party [1d6] = 4

Dieter and Furuk flee.
Grimes tries in vain to flank it. He circumnavigates the dais and discovers that the Wall of Force completely surrounds the flayer of minds. The room is 40x40 with the dais (20x20) in the centre and the throne in the centre of that.
Castinus and Dandy (and Shae, autopilot) wait for their turns to strike.

Preposito hits Dandy with a Feeblmind-like psychic blast Save vs spells -4 [1d20-4] = 4-4 = 0. The dwarf's mind isn't as sturdy as the wizard's. He begins babbling incoherently, drooling and confused.

The being then uses his disembodied hand on Castinus severity of the blow [1d20] = 18 dmg [1d6] = 3

I can keep this up all day, You hear in your minds. Of course, I could always stop time and feast but isn't it more fun to play with one's food? he concludes with laughter ringing in your brains.

meanwhile...

Dieter and Furuk pop over post haste to see the Umboðsmanni ógöngur. It appears from the mauve mist again.

Ahhh, you decide to return. Where are your small friends? And the lovers? Perhaps their minds have fed Preposito?

So, tell me. Are you here to make a trade?

A million (it seems) eyes focus on Dieter and Furuk.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 21/46
--Furuk 26/59
Dieter 17/27 <magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2 >
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic > (Feeblminded)
Castinus 31/34
--Shaelyyndenel 22/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility, Fireball>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Aug 03, 2014 10:57 pm

Dieter - Mage

Yes I have come to trade, my left eye for the information you offer. Swallowing hard, Dieter will will shift from foot to foot.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:00 am

Grimes

Grimes rushes back to Dandy, grabbing his arm and will try to rush him out of the room, shouting to the others, "Let's get out of here, we'll get this #&$% later."
badams30

Postby tumblingdice » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:04 am

Castinus gasps as the fist clenches around him. He loses his grip on the bow, most likely.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Mon Aug 04, 2014 3:03 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Castinus gasps as the fist clenches around him. He loses his grip on the bow, most likely.

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"Castinus no!" Shae screams.

@LL: PM sent.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby kjc » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:00 pm

Shae - Fighter/Mage
Beads of sweat form on Shae's brow that furrows in concentration. Her voice rings hollow through gritted teeth, "I AM NOT LEAVING CASTINUS! Someone bring me that cursed sword NOW while there is still time. We will need every resource we can bring to bear!"

ooc: @LL: Another PM sent!
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby greyarea » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:03 pm

Preposito Round 6

INITIATIVE baddies [1d6] = 3 party [1d6] = 6

Grimes grabs the babbling Dandy and pulls him from the room. The two emerge in the room with the doors and pedestals.
Shae comes to Castinus' aid. To no avail.

Preposito releases Castinus and slams Shae severity of the blow [1d20] = 16 dmg [1d6] = 3.

He then Feeblemind's the elf. None of your spells, witch! Shae Save vs Spell [1d20-4] = 18-4 = 14 Shae fends off the mental blast.

meanwhile...

Pluck it out and hold it out to me. Then you will receive the information you seek.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 21/46
--Furuk 26/59
Dieter 17/27 <magic missile, sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball x 2 >
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic > (Feeblminded)
Castinus 31/34
--Shaelyyndenel 19/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility, Fireball>
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain