Out-of-character (OOC) chat

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: Out-of-character (OOC) chat

Postby tumblingdice » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:08 pm

greyarea wrote:OOC: I love/hate when players give actions that are off script and require a change in plans. I hope this doesn't throw things too much.

Don't worry about it. Your obligation as a player is to do what you think your character would do, not what you think the DM wants you to do. Fortunately, with pbp there's plenty of time to improvise. That said, if we go so far off the rails that I find myself selling the module on eBay because I don't need it anymore, then, well, that would be a bummer.

Now let's see. Where to find some adventure ideas for a search and rescue mission? Hey, look! Queen of the Demonweb Pits. This would be a perfect module to drop in here right about now...
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby connivingsumo » Thu Oct 15, 2015 11:19 pm

I've been quasi-out of action for the last few days, so I'm really uber glad I didn't miss any action! I figured that was just my luck - Roikos makes a move on some mobs and I can't get back to the post for a couple of days!! :x
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Fri Oct 16, 2015 3:17 am

So have I, Rik. Sorry for the delay, guys. I'll try to post something tomorrow.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Sat Oct 17, 2015 3:12 pm

tumblingdice wrote:Image
You can roll for random encounters, or you can just pick the one that has an accompanying illustration. :D

And when I write my book about PbP DMing, I will use this quote :D
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:18 pm

I'm really glad we got stuck at the same time - I didn't want to miss the dog encounter! Turns out... they weren't just wild dogs *oops* - but as a DM I can see how Roikos wouldn't have been able to visibly make the distinction until they were practically engaged. That's my character though - see (what he interprets as) wrong and smite it.

Nice quote about random encounters and using the one w/the pic! LOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greyarea ~ if you seriously wrote a book about DM'ing I would read it.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:25 pm

For mount HP, LL says War Horse is HD3 (that's d8 for "monsters" right?), so I rolled a 2, 6, and 8 = 16. Did I do that right?
AC would be 5 (rather than 7) for the barding. In the PM I mentioned 'chain barding' but I forgot LL doesn't make that distinction like AEC does, so it's just 'barding.'

connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:45 pm

When I went to my character sheet to update the mount section I noticed I failed to update the Character Background and money/gems/jewelry section. I still need to do the latter (gotta find where Tumbling mentioned what we had for coinage/gems/etc), but here's the character background. I posted it here so a) you knew it was (finally) done, and b) so you didn't have to switch to the Character thread to read it.

Roikos has no sad story. He was born into and raised by his order, with dozens of excellent role models, mentors, teachers, and people that love him - too many to count. He has both a talent for war (melee) and wisdom (priesthood), wielding both freely. Rarely does he interject humor or sarcasm as a passive aggressive 'stab' unless a physical confrontation is not permitted or unrighteous. He trusts the words and commitment of his party members, or anyone he labels 'friend', unconditionally and with absolute faith - perhaps to a fault. His zeal for what is deemed righteous is sometimes blind assumption, which manifests in his belief his companions share his convictions.

connivingsumo

Postby connivingsumo » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:50 pm

FOUND IT! 8-)

tumblingdice wrote:
badams30 wrote:Aye, aye, Captain! I'm ready!
Oh, except for starting coin. How were we determining that?

500-1000 (1d6+4)x100 gp in coins, gems and jewelry. The less coin, the better. You're not going to be doing much shopping in the Sind Desert or beyond.

Also, there was an error in my character template. You can begin the game with mounts after all. Horses or camels. No elephants, dragons, winged creatures, etc.

I will roll, then deduct the cost of barding, saddle, bit/bridle, saddle bags & blanket, etc.

connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Thu Oct 29, 2015 2:15 pm

saalaria wrote:Joffrey - Noble Warrior

The knight, will dismount then send Zephyr to the back of the party, hopefully out of harm's way. He then will circle to the remaining hound's rear. If he is able to get an attack in as well he will.

I was going to say that dismounting would count as your action for this round, but when I think about it, it doesn't make any sense. If you can move your full movement rate, and then attack, then why can't you jump off your horse and then attack? So, yes, Joffrey can do that.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:31 am

connivingsumo wrote:ROIKOS: Cleric

As Joffrey turned Zephyr towards him, Roikos thought to reach out and heal the brave steed; alas, Joffrey was too quick on the dismount and 'horse-smack' sending the injured workhorse into safety.

Fantastic! Love it! :D
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads