Skull Mountain: The Island

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Skull Mountain: The Island

Postby greyarea » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:23 pm

Gatto thanks you for releasing him and goes to get a spiked club from the other room.

The other two, Karl and Theo, look at the iron rations dropped for them forlornly. Dieter feels a tug at his conscience (alignment: Neutral Good) for leaving the prisoners locked up, but justifies it to himself silently. Grimes and Dandy feel a similar conscience nag, Einar (Chaotic Good) doesn't.

Karl starts to say something but Theo kicks him and nods at the halfling. Karl decides not to say anything, still nursing his battered mouth.

Furuk checks out the balcony (again) and nothing new is there (see previous posts to find out what what there in the first place).

Einar listens at the door to the south and then quietly (he thinks) unlocks it with a key from the keyring. Gatto and Furuk return, Gatto now armed, and are ready for action.

Speaking of action...

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 24/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 18/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:35 pm

Grimes - Fighter

OOC: Thinking about this from an alignment perspective, and in thinking about Grime's own background story, I don't think he could ultimately leave these two...

IC: Grimes looks at the others and says out of earshot of the two locked up, "I've got no love for these two, but the more I think about it, if we leave and some lizards come back and find these two, they may just kill them. I couldn't live with that. Despite how much I hate cowardice. So do we tell them that they can come with us, but they can't whine, they have to help, and if they turn on us, it will be very bad for them. What do you think?"

If the party agrees, Grimes will approach the men and say to them in as non-confrontational a tone as he can muster "Look, I don't want to leave you men here, understand? The things in this mountain are just plain bad, and we need to stop them. You won't survive if you try to leave on your own, that's a fact. We've made it this far, and we intend to finish the job and leave intact. If I set you loose, will you accompany us and help us out? Carry some stuff, help the injured, assist any other prisoners we might find, that sort of thing? If so, then I'll get the key and set you free." He glances sternly at the two and says in a more ominous tone "Don't make me regret my choice..." Then he smiles and says "and I'll tell you what - if you help us out and prove your worth, I'll give you a tidy reward when we emerge. You can count on it."

He turns to get the key and says "What do you say?"
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:48 pm

Dieter - Mage

OCC: That would work fine for Dieter, he just wants to make sure the party can get off the island when the time comes.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:59 pm

Both prisoners smile when you release them. Karl takes a few moments to clean himself up as best he can. He disappears in a flash to the kitchen (Furuk has his eyes on him at all times) and washes up. He returns with wet but less odiferous pants on, having given them a quick rinse in the wash bucket. Theo seems content on letting his own pants dry.

Theo eagerly tells you that they will follow and suggest that they carry your packs so you aren't burdened by them as you explore further. Theo says he will gladly carry torches once you get out of this building. He doesn't see how you would be able to see in the dark caves after you leave. Karl just nods eagerly, not opening his mouth at all. He stays to the back, as far from Grimes as he can.

Your two new henchmen are ready (Karl helpfully picks up Dieter's rations and replaces them in his pack and then offers to carry said pack, all in a crude sign language).

Gatto is as ready as he'll ever be, his spiked club raised and ready for action.

Einar suggests you get a move on, poised at the south door.

Actions?

Grimes 24/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 18/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 pm

grimes - fighter

Grimes thanks them for the offer to carry his pack, but he'll keep it on for now, as he used to toting it about anyway.

Grimes raises his sword and says "Let's get on with it, men! Time to kill more lizards, and get home in time for dinner...."

OOC: Where to? Downstairs and onward through the doors? Perhaps Einar could use his cloak and check ahead to make sure we haven't been spotted yet or our body trail hasn't been found.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:31 pm

So what's the plan?

You can go through the door south. (Sending the rogue to scout through a closed door makes no sense to me. He may be hidden due to his cloak, but the door would still open, alerting anyone beyond. You may as well go through as a group -- otherwise I will likely let you know that you hear a commotion, a splash, and the rogue high-tailing it back covered in paint as a way to undo his invisibility.)

You can descend the stairs and go into the other dome and either (a) up the spiral staircase or (b) eschew the upper area altogether and head to the third dome.

Gatto says, matter of factly, They took the Elf through the door to the south. We should go there if we wants to save her.

Actions?
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:15 pm

Grimes - FIghter

After hearing Gatto mention that the Elf was taken through the door to the South, Grimes says "We need to go South then!"

OOC: I wasn't thinking about the closed door. Yeah, let's just rock and roll and go rescue the elf and kill the bad guys in the way!
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:35 am

Dieter - Mage

That seals it, we follow where the elf went.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby Craigers07 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:32 am

"Sounds good to me"

Furuk heads to the south door and opens it.
Craigers07

Postby greyarea » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:46 pm

Furuk opens the door to this room. It is currently empty of any baddies.

A large X-frame with manacles is mounted by one wall of this room. Mist and heat curl up the stairs from below. Various jars and urns sit on the floor.

The room feels damp but there is a pleasant smell of herbs and oils in the room. A bit of oil slicks the floor under the X-frame.

Actions?

Grimes 24/34
--Furuk 36/36
Dieter 18/18
--Dandy 18/23
Einar 11/11
greyarea

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain