Re-Energizers

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

Re-Energizers

Postby agent_fej » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Hello Everyone,

I am planning on running a Mutant Future one-shot game for my regular D&D group while our DM is on vacation. The plan right now is to tackle Re-Energizers. So, I'm wondering how things went for those who have played or ran this module. Specifically, is it appropriate for 3-5 1st level characters? It seems kind of deadly for beginners, but then again I've never run MF so it's hard to know for sure. If 1st level characters are not appropriate, what level should I start them at?

I'd love the hear your experiences with this module! Thanks!
agent_fej

Re: Re-Energizers

Postby Blood axe » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:13 pm

Scale down the ## of creatures. Its good for Level 1.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Blood axe

Postby renegade_counsel » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:01 am

Yes, you may want to scale down the number of critters if you feel that the encounters in the module are a tad too deadly for your gaming group. Otherwise, I think the module is pretty playable (and survivable) for a group of 1st level characters whose players practice a reasonable amount of common sense.

I ran this module with my gaming group recently as an initial MF game (their characters were beginning 1st level) and they survived without any casualties. Instead, it was the random wilderness encounters I plugged in before they got to the -Re-Energizers' adventure site that killed off two of the adventuring party. So, speaking from experience, it's a pretty survivable module.
renegade_counsel

Postby agent_fej » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:26 pm

Thanks for the response. I think that I'll definitely lower the number of rot dogs and spidergoats in each encounter. I could probably adjust on the fly if necessary.

Just out of curiosity, how did your players deal with the security turret? I guess it's easy enough to avoid if the players figure out to stay out of it's range. But, I'm sure my players will want to "kill" it rather than find another way into the bot plant.

Anyone else have experience with this module?
agent_fej

Postby Blood axe » Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:28 pm

SPOILER- Dont read if you want to be a player!

The turret is strong- but non-lethal. Players can spread out and minimize the damage. It also has a limited amount of shots.
They could also just go around the corner and knock a hole in the wall- but that will alert other creatures.
Blood axe

Postby adad64 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:35 am

I found it worked fairly well even wth some of the blatant stupidity some people tried to pull. I decided to make a 5% chance that massive radiation would make you into an irradiated with all the physical benefits and flaws it entails. Plus the other irradiated would speak to you in your mind. It turned out really cool. One of the characters ran in the storeroom and got green goo all over him while trying for more mutations. Just a thought as a possible hook.
adad64

Postby Blood axe » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:44 am

If a player tries to purposely get irradiated to gain more useful mutations- you might want to give him an equal chance for a defect. That will probably have him hesitate.
Blood axe

Return to Mutant Future