Beneath the Moathouse

greyarea's P-B-P game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Beneath the Moathouse

Postby kjc » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:33 pm

Caydon - Rogue
"I'll do what I can to convince the women folk as to our good intentions..." Caydon smiles slyly.
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

Postby kwll » Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:57 am

Spanningtree wrote:Tavin - Monk

We'll just have to see how they react, we will need to rely on the towns folks good sense.

"That's a big bet. Let's keep our eyes open..." answers Calthas, obviously annoyed that the two thieves who almost took him out are on the run.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:25 pm

The walk back to the town is slower than you'd like, both because you are wary and because the two merchants you saved have not the pace of a band of adventurers.

The wind dies down, picks up, then dies again. The clouds darken nearly to black and then the rain starts. A few fat drops that almost sting when they hit flesh. It seems that a downpour will soak you soon. Then, within minutes, it lets up. You are all dampened but not drenched: your cloaks wet but your hose dry. The sky brightens a bit, although still overcast, and you make your way.

When you get to the tower, the guards there greet you and suggest you go behind the tower. There there are a few laborers and two men, one of whom you recognize as Burne, the wizard you spoke to earlier. The other must be Rufus.

Burne seems happy to greet you again, while Rufus seems upset that a group of people are upsetting their planning meeting.

Burne says, Ahh, the group of adventurers. How are you? Did you check out the Moathouse? Only some great rats, spiders, and snakes, I imagine. But ridding the world of those can be good experience for those new to the craft, eh, Rufus?

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <2/1>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:41 pm

Thurwin

Thurwin nods politely, and smiles at the surly warrior.

"Pardon our intrusion, but we thought it prudent to inform you of our findings at the Moathouse. The upper levels were home to some lizards, spiders, frogs and a band of brigands. Most fled when we assaulted them, but we have captured this one here, he appeared to be their leader." Gesturing to the bound bandit. He continues "We found a secret passage to the lower level, and encountered and killed an Ogre name Lubash, who spoke of some "Master" and was keeping these two gentlemen prisoner, along with a gnome. Some others in their party were consumed by the ogre. We are sure that more evil beings lurk below this place, but we decided to leave to bring the bandit to you, and to free these poor men." As he motions to the two freed prisoners. He then raises an eyebrow, "Oh, there are also two miscreants about, a Turuko and Kobort, who were staying at the inn (he describes the men) they followed us secretly and attacked our rear guard. Thankfully we were able to stop them before they killed him, but we suspect that they may be allied with those in the Moathouse, or somehow related. At the very least they are brigands themselves. We subdued them and tied them up, but they appear to have escaped before we could retrieve them. They may have come back here, but it might be wise to be aware of them, for they are men of evil intent."
Thurwin pauses and says "We plan to return to vanquish what evil lives below the place, but felt it necessary to inform you of it's contents."

OOC: Didn't want to hijack the entire thread, but wanted to make sure we told them everything. Feel free to add/etc. Once we finish with the wizard and mage, we can head to the inn, and with luck (or maybe not) those two dirtbags will be there. I've got another sleep spell for those dopes if they mess with us....
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:14 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will let the others do the talking. He'll keep an eye out for reactions to the party and the potential for danger.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:37 pm

Burne's ears perk up, Ooo, bandits. I hope this is indeed the ringleader and not just some member.

Rufus silently motions to the guards and they take away the bandit. We'll have a chat with him at the next town meeting. Perhaps he can give us worthwhile information... says the warrior.

An ogre named Lubash with some "master," you say? I haven't a clue as to what that might mean. Other than the obvious, that the ogre had a master of some sort. I shouldn't be too surprised, I suppose, that an ogre made his residence there: if giant spiders and snakes do, I suppose it isn't too far a stretch. As to this master, did you find him in the moathouse? Or any other mention of him? This is all very interesting, and Rufus and I will bring it before the council at the next meeting, along with that bandit. Should make for a lively discussion, don't you think, Rufus?

The merchants tell you that they will gladly try to clear your names if they've been sullied by the two miscreants.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
--Rilo 9/9
Effric 6/8 <3>
--Calthas 8/8
Tavin 5/5
Father Redmond 9/9 <2/1>
Caydon 6/6
--Thurwin 5/5 <sleep>
greyarea

Postby kwll » Fri Mar 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Like Tavin, Calthas listens from one ear, and looks around for any unexpected move or detail.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby badams30 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:49 pm

Thurwin - Mage

Thurwin thanks them and says "Well then, we'll be on our way. I'd expect we'll be heading back to continue our clean-up of the moathouse in the next day or two, and we'll report back to you upon our return."

I guess once everyone has had a chance to speak with them, we could retire to the Inn and get some warm food, cold drink and clean linens. And of course, but on the lookout for the baddies. Thurwin will offer to pay for the freed merchant's rooms and food till they figure out where they are going. I hope for the sake of those two morons they aren't here, or Calthas is going to probably have some pleasant visit with them ending in a brawl...
badams30

Postby merias » Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Effric, Druid

"Well said, Thurwin. Let's get some rest, I'm stil a bit under the weather from our recent battles."

Once we head back to the Inn, Effric wil get a meal and rest with the others.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:23 pm

Tavin - Monk

Tavin will return to the inn with the others..
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

PreviousNext

Return to Enter the World of Greyhawk