New character race: The Slayer

For Discussion of all things Mutant Future (especially spidergoats).

New character race: The Slayer

Postby Agrippa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 7:59 am

Right Now I'm trying my hand at typing up a Mutant Future race of my own. Mostly this is intended for Mutants and Mazes. Especially if its in conjunction with the upcoming Realms of Crawling Chaos supplement.

New Character Race: Slayer

Hit Dice: 1d8 per point of CON.
Mutations: Increased Balance, Increased Dexterity, Increased Strength, Regenerative Capability, Unique Sense, Quickness, Fleet of Foot and Combat Empathy and Martial Affinity.
Special: Must be female

In every generation, there is a Chosen One. She alone will stand against the vampires, the demons, and the forces of darkness. She is the Slayer. The first Slayer on Earth was a young woman named Sineya. She was captured by three powerful shamans and imbued with demonic essence. She gained greater strength, speed and agility and faster healing than any other human alive. Hoever this power came with a price, and it was her sanity and humanity. Slayers vary in appearance but all resemble healthy and athletic stock or pure-strain human females. This is due to the fact that aside from the powers all Slayers possess, they're still human. Any child of a Slayer and a stock human or a pure-strain human will be a stock or pure-strain human, respectively. The same could be said of a child with a mutant human too. Unless the child, a daughter obviously, is also of the Slayer line.

Members of the Slayer line are physically stronger and more durable than they would often appear. At the same time Slayers are noted for their grace and agility as well. For these reasons a Slayer adds +3 when determining Strength, Dexterity and Constitution in addition to whatever ability bonuses thier base race already grant. Slayers also roll 1d8 per point of CON for their hp total instead of the usual 1d6. Tragicaly while meant to battle the forces of evil, there is nothing that prevents anyone Slayer from being corrupted by it. Therefore a Slayer may be of any alignment, though rarely Neutral. As of yet it is unknown if Slayers can rise from mutant stock, though it is most likely possible.

Slayers also possess special abilities. These include hightened balance and greater brute force (Increased Balance and Increased Strength), improved speed and agility (Increased Dexterity and Quickness), a moderate healing factor (Regenerative Capability, but without the ability to restore lost limbs) and can sense vampires and other demonic creatures (Unique Sense). At the same time Slayers are preternaturally skilled combatants (Combat Empathy and Martial Affinity) and are able to make great leaps and bounds (Fleet of Foot).

Right now I'm open to suggestions on what to add to or subtract from this work. That said I really hope I'm on the right track here.
Last edited by Agrippa on Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:50 am, edited 4 times in total.
Agrippa

Re: New Character Race race: The Slayer

Postby Agrippa » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:09 pm

Now I'd like to note that while the Slayer race isn't very customizable that's fine. I plan on using this with my Mutants and Mazes house rules. With all that said, how does it look so far? Is it too weak, too powerful? I'd just like to know.
Agrippa

Re: New Character Race race: The Slayer

Postby Agrippa » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:20 pm

Sample Slayer

Mary Singleton

Race: Slayer Human
Ruffian Level: 14
Character Level: 10
Hit Points: 137 (4,7,8,7,6,6,5,4,7,7,5,3,2,3 from Con and 6,5,5,5,8,6,6,6,5,3,2,2,2,2 from levels)
Armor Class: 2
THAC0: 11
Alignment: To be decided
Attacks: 2/round, +7 to attack, +11 when backstabbing.
Damage: 1d6+4+6d6 (shortsword), 1d6 (light crossbow) or 1d6+4+6d6 (large club, treat as mace but two handed)

Strength: 16 (19 racial, 21 due to levels) (+4 to attack and damage)
Dexterity: 13 (18 racial, 20 due to levels) (+4 to missile attacks and initiative and -4 to armor class)
Constitution: 11 (14 racial)
Intelligence: 14 (+5% to technology and two languages)
Willpower: 8
Charisma: 9 (11 due to levels) (+0 to reaction rolls, 3 retainers at morale 6 each)

Physical Mutations
Increased Strength/Mutation Score 17: Adds 4d6 points of damage to melee attacks.
Increased Balance/Mutation Score 12: Mary has a +2 bonus to checks to resist falling and +10% to Climb Walls checks.
Regenerative Capability/Mutation Score 13: Miss Singleton heals 3 additional hit points per day. She can also recover severed limbs in 1d8-3 minutes provided she holds the part to its stub.
Quickness/Mutation Score 10: This mutation makes Slayer Mary much quicker in all respects. Movement speed is increased by 2/3, mental tasks take 1/2 as long to accomplish.
Unique Sense/Mutation Score 9: Mary can feel the presence of undead and demons (including shoggoths and Great Old Ones and their spawn) within a 1000 ft. radius of her self.

Mental Mutations
Intellectual Affinity (Combat)/Mutation Score 16: She adds+4 to attack and +2d6 to damage in melee.
Fleet of Foot/Mutation Score 11: Mary's jump distance is 4x normal.
Combat Empthy/Mutation Score 7: Mary adds +0 to her attack and +1 to damage.

Class abilities:
Climb Walls (CW): 115% (includes Increased Balance.)
Move silently (MS): 73%
Hide In Shadows (HS): 58%
Hear Noise (HN): 1-5
Backstab: Base weapon damagex5 +4 to attack.

Experience: 1,364,058

Kit
80 g.p. of equipment including one two-handed mace, one short sword, one light crossbow (20 quarrels), studded leather armor.

Backstory
Coming soon.
Agrippa

Return to Mutant Future