How do you name a setting?

For any discussion that does not fit any other category, or general announcements.

How do you name a setting?

Postby Agrippa » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:02 am

I'm asking this question because I'm tired of typing "the world for the Burrwood Institute" every time I talk about it. I just keep either drawing blanks or shooting down ideas because they just don't sound right.

For an idea of what the world is like just take a look at my barebones Burrwood Institute threads for a start. Blue-furred lion men dwell in the tundras and snowy forests of Frostvale (placeholder until I convert it to Swedish or another Scandinavian language), where they use sorcery, geomancy and the blessings of their spirits to build and maintain civilization in their harsh homeland. Wolfmen reside in their wooded cities guided by their shamans while humans are the most urbanized of mortalkind. At least we are on this continent.

Spirits come in three groupings, celestial, earthly and chthonic/infernal. Respectively these are the gods, the fae/elementals and demons, with the souls of the dead one of the other four. As for the morality of these orders of creatures, some gods may be foul and some demons fair. The best setting name I can think of right now is "Realms of Earth and of Otherworlds". That sounds a bit long-winded though.
Last edited by Agrippa on Thu Jan 01, 2015 1:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Agrippa

Re: How do you name a setting?

Postby Agrippa » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:12 am

Two of the races for this setting, the ronso, tundra dwelling lionmen and neomah, as one of demon races. If you'd like to know I'm planning on mixing D&D with Mutant Future for this setting.
Agrippa

Return to Open Discussion