2. The Asanda River

tumblingdice's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: tumblingdice

Re: 2. The Asanda River

Postby badams30 » Tue May 03, 2016 1:11 pm

tumblingdice wrote:
greyarea wrote:As Zelaz centers himself on the raft to enclose it in his invisibility sphere, he starts trying to recall that horse stew recipe his grandmother used to make...

... before she got arrested.
That's in reference to some radio commercial but I don't remember what.

More to come later today. We just re-opened our West Manchester Branch Library yesterday. I was there all day, and into the evening because the new copier for the public was delivered late. They didn't give us a bypass key, either. Grrr. I'm beat, and catching up at the main library today. Be glad you can't see my desk.

Sorry, this has nothing to do with defeating the master. :)

Perhaps the Master has forsaken his Temple of Death and now leads his armies from the dreaded West Manchester Branch Library Temple of Mayhem, inc. Maybe that's what Bishop Gillaume was trying to warn us about. "Beeeware the book return. BEEEWAAARRREEE! To solve the riddle, obtain the bypass key. Byyypaaasssss keeeeey."
badams30

Postby greyarea » Tue May 03, 2016 1:31 pm

LOL. I certainly hope this isn't a library RPG: I get enough of that in real life.
greyarea

Postby kwll » Tue May 03, 2016 4:58 pm

"So, my good fellows, who is doing what?" asks Tasrem, confused, as always.
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby greyarea » Wed May 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Zelaz centers himself on the raft to enclose it in his invisibility sphere. He whispers, We should be unseen, although our passage will not be hidden thus. Pole the raft as quietly as you can and be wary: attack can strike from either side, if not both at once.
greyarea

Postby connivingsumo » Wed May 04, 2016 10:56 pm

ROIKOS: Cleric
Does as Zelaz requested, trying to pole the raft as quietly as possible.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

Postby tumblingdice » Thu May 05, 2016 11:14 am

Pormas ties a rag around the end of his pole. He places a hand gently on Roikos' shoulder. "I appreciate the help," he says. "Under the circumstances, though, I think you ought to leave it to me."

As Zelaz positions himself on the raft, you assume your entire party becomes invisible. With a few looks at each other, you silence yourself and do your best to keep your mounts quiet. Taranna's sentient sword, who can detect invisible objects and whom I've forgotten all about until now, pulses in the elf's scabbard. "I see you," she hears in her mind. It sounds deafening amidst the silence.

Pormas leans on his pole and the raft begins to move forward.

The tall reeds on the near side of the ford bend under the passage of the vessel. Crossing into the shallows of the ford, the reeds give way to a riverbed paved with rounded stones covered in silt. The raft then passes into the reeds on the far side of the ford, bending once again.

A handful of confused, guttural voices erupt from the right bank of the river. Those of you who speak orcish understand the gist. "What's that? Down by the ford." Another voice says in reply, after a moment. "It's probably just an animal hunting, you coward!" A third chimes in. "Then why don't you go down and take a look!"

A fourth voice, this one human but speaking orcish, orders: "Why don't all three of you go take a look, before I skin you alive!"

Three orcs begin to descend the riverbank toward the ford.

A menacing looking human covered in tiger striped tattoos remains atop the bank, looking down at the scene.

Actions?
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby greyarea » Thu May 05, 2016 2:54 pm

Zelaz remains quiet, hoping this ruse will work and knowing that if he attacks, the spell will surely be broken.
greyarea

Postby badams30 » Thu May 05, 2016 3:03 pm

Aristide - Thief

Aristide keeps his position crouched behind supplies for cover, but he trains his bow on the human glaring down at the river. At the first sign that these guys are on to us, he'll let an arrow fly at the man.
badams30

Postby kwll » Thu May 05, 2016 3:33 pm

Tasrem refrains from laughing at the whole situation, and damns himself quietly not to have memorized a confusion spell for today...
Tasrem End lvl 8 Magic User HP 15/15 XP 200001/310001
Meringered lvl 4 Cleric HP 14/14 XP 12246/12501
Calthas lvl 2 Elven Archer HP 18/18 XP 119/190
kwll

Postby connivingsumo » Thu May 05, 2016 11:32 pm

ROIKOS: Cleric
Resists the urge to plant his morning star into the face(s) of the Orc(s), but is ready for combat none-the-less.
SUCCESSFUL "TRADES" with: tumblingdice x2, Blood axe, and Kipper! ~ thanks to all of you! :D

"Be the change you want to see in the world." ~Gandhi
“If more of us valued food and cheer above hoarded gold, it would be a much merrier world.” ~J.R.R. Tolkien
connivingsumo

PreviousNext

Return to Master of the Desert Nomads