The Greater Caverns

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: The Greater Caverns

Postby badams30 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:19 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes taps Wave on the ground and says "I've been worse. Maybe we can press on just a bit before resting. Besides, I'm not too keen on sleeping in this stinky place here."

OOC: Maybe we proceed on just a bit, clear a couple more areas and then find a secure bivouac site. I'm a far right or far left kind of fella. I say we try A, D or E, in no particular order.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:46 pm

A ghostly voice whispers, Which way?

greyarea

Postby merias » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:48 pm

ooc: I guess start with A, then?
merias

Postby badams30 » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:47 pm

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes nods at the choice and says "I'm gonna follow invisibly just in case. Or I can peek ahead if you all wish."

Grimes will put on his ring of invisibility.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:40 am

Dieter - Mage

Shrugs: Okay.

OCC: A is fine.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby greyarea » Sat Jun 04, 2016 12:47 am

The party moves north (?) and the smell doesn't abate.

One look around this gruesome place shows that something awful uses this place as either a burial crypt or a trophy room! The walls of this vaulted chamber are lined with limed-over corpses. A whole circle of barely distinguishable forms creates a lower tier. Afresh erring of calcified corpses, seemingly standing upon the heads and shoulders of those beneath, decorates the cavern walls at a height of about 12' or so. What at first seemed to be rock formations at the base of the lower ring of petrified bodies is evidently many similar remains-dwarves, gnomes, halflings, elves - the shorter standing, the taller kneeling or sitting. The steady drip and splash of water from the ceiling down the walls and over the stoney corpses creates a pool of water in the northeastern portion of the cavern. It flows out a tunnel there.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 27/58
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Speak With the Dead, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Lower water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 52/59
Dieter 31/31 < Magic Missile x 3, Sleep, Levitate, Phantasmal force, Stinking cloud, Lightning bolt, Water breathing, Dimension door >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby merias » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:00 pm

"Belenus protect us!" Dandy says. He'll look up at the ceiling to make sure all is clear before heading to a nearby of the fresher-looking corpses (not near the pool of water, however), where he'll cast Speak with the Dead to try and find out what we're up against.
merias

Postby greyarea » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:08 pm

Most of the corpses are too old for the spell to work, by Dandy's reckoning. However, he finds a party of adventurers who's bodies are less covered in the lime and calcium and he implores Belenus to give one of the corpses life.

An elven woman, who reminds Castinus of Shae, breaks the hard, white covering as her jaw moves, her empty eyes staring into nothingness. At Dandy's question of "...who we're up against" she moans, A bodak lives in these caves. Beware his killing gaze! You have two more questions you can ask before the Belanus' influence is gone.

From the the small cave where the pool runs off and drains away you hear noise of feet on sandy rock.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 27/58
--Dandy 31/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Find Traps, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Remove Curse, Dispel Magic, Protection from Evil 10' radius, Lower water >
Castinus 34/34
--Furuk 52/59
Dieter 31/31 < Magic Missile x 3, Sleep, Levitate, Phantasmal force, Stinking cloud, Lightning bolt, Water breathing, Dimension door >
--Acquaire
greyarea

Postby merias » Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:43 pm

"Well, what else do ye want me ta ask 'er?" Dandy says.

At the sound of the feet, he backs away towards the party and fishes out one of his two holy word scrolls...

"No time ta be gettin' in a fight now!"
merias

Postby badams30 » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:37 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes, invisible, whispers "What the hell is a Bodak? No matter. I'm going to hide and poke it from behind."

OOC: Assuming no one objects, Grimes will hide behind some corpses with Wave at the ready, and will bide his time to strike whatever this is from behind. If anyone objects (or knows why Grimes shouldn't attack, he'll defer to their wisdom.)
badams30

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain