Through the Never

greyarea's Labyrinth Lord game

Moderator: greyarea

Re: Through the Never

Postby greyarea » Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Dandy feels his wits returning, as if from the worst hangover in his long dwarvish life. The feeblemind effect has passed. Sadly, all of his spells are gone, lost in the seas of memory...

He hits Grimes with the staff Heal [1d6+1] = 6+1 = 7 and the halfling opens his eyes...

Also, Furuk feels the spell effects wane.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 2/46
--Furuk 18/59
Dieter 16/27 <sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball >
--Dandy 8/33 < Bless, Hold Person, Delay Poison, Augury, Silence 15'r, Glyph of Warding, Cure Disease, Dispel Magic > (Feeblminded)
Castinus 8/34
--Shaelyyndenel 11/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Aug 23, 2014 11:04 pm

Dieter - Mage

Another close one Grimes. Dieter will approach Preposito and search him.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:19 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes groans and drags himself to a sitting position, rubbing his trident lovingly as he sits up. Noticing Dandy next to him he smiles and says "Thanks, buddy. I don't know what happened, but judging from how I feel, I'd be a goner if it wasn't for you."

He sees Preposito dead and chuckles, "Heh... I told ya I was gonna stick ya, you #^$%@%!"

Grimes will rest for a bit, allowing the others to search as needed.

OOC: That was CLOSE.
badams30

Postby greyarea » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:29 am

badams30 wrote:OOC: That was CLOSE.

Fire Shield is a great spell. When Grimes got the critical strike I had to double check his HP to see if he had a chance to survive. Yikes.
greyarea

Postby greyarea » Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:11 pm

Prepositio is vanquished. The room is awash in the multicolored lights of the battle twixt Chaos and Order outside the vast window that is the far wall.

Prepositio wasn't wearing armor, it seems, but rather had a hard chitin shell. His alienness is more obvious in his death. His staff emits a magical furor. There is also a wand at his throne.

Searching the room you find a few remains from other foes of the great mind warrior. You notice for the first time bodies, both mummified and skeletal, around the room. There is armor of many types and clothes both familiar and alien on the bones and mummified bodies. There are a few items that catch your attention: a bag that can hold more than you can dream (an advanced bag of holding), a similar bag, fur lined, that is actually a Bag of Tricks. There are some spell scrolls. Many regular weapons of many sorts, some aged beyond repair. A few seems magical: a sword and a star-shaped dagger thing. You also find a rod that could hold magical power.

Actions?

Hit points and marching order
Grimes 2/46
--Furuk 18/59
Dieter 16/27 <sleep, continual light, stinking cloud, fireball >
--Dandy 8/33 < >
Castinus 8/34
--Shaelyyndenel 11/22 <Charm Person, Magic Missile, Continual Light, Invisibility>
greyarea

Postby Spanningtree » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:04 pm

Dieter - Mage

Dieter will take a look at the staff and wand in an attempt to identify them. Pursing his lips: Do you think I might be able to get my eye back? Is that something you can restore Dandy?
Spanningtree

Postby badams30 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:38 am

Grimes - Fighter

Grimes staggers to his feet and goes to Dieter's side. "Deets, I'll spend every coin I've got to get your eye back. In fact, if you want, I'll go back and poke that mother$&%^ in that other room if it will help."

Grimes curiously eyes the dagger and sword, and elicits a "Whoa!" at the bag of holding. He says with a tone of sadness "with the loss of Theo and Karl, this may come in handy. Unfortunately."

OOC: Grimes would like to rest prior to leaving if possible. A couple HP isn't very comforting if we are going someplace bad... plus I'd imagine Dandy needs some spells.
badams30

Postby Spanningtree » Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:08 pm

Dieter - Mage

Yes, we will go talk to that piece of s$%t in the other room in a bit... he will muse under his breath. I appreciate it Grimes, we have made a habit out of taunting death every couple of days... heh! With a pat to his friends back.

Hearing about Karl and Theo: I didn't even think of them... those poor guys... if we ever make it back to some semblance of where we came from we should try and find their families and make a strong contribution.

Dieter will continue to mull of the wand and staff trying to get an idea of their function. He'll check out the scrolls also.
Spanningtree

Postby tumblingdice » Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:59 pm

Castinus nods at Grimes. "Glad you made it," he says, the conversation about the eye not quite registering with him yet. He then makes his way over to Shae. "Are you all right?" he inquires. As he's comforting Shae, he notices Dieter's missing eye. His own eyes go wide. "What happened?"
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

Postby kjc » Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:16 am

Shae - Fighter/Mage
"Just hold me..." Shae whispers to Castinus, as she pulls his arms around her. Watching Dieter, feeling his sacrifice, seeing the two dead porters, she feels only numbness. 'l tried to bargain...gods as my witness...I tried to avoid all of this...'
"This looks like a place we've never been to before!"
-My five-year-old son
kjc

PreviousNext

Return to Skull Mountain