Exploring the Borderlands

badams30 LL game..no fancy AEC stuff!

Moderator: badams30

Re: Exploring the Borderlands

Postby greyarea » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:47 am

Imric is fine with either plan (tho I agree with kipper myself)
greyarea

Postby merias » Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:55 pm

Scrags will go anywhere, back to the big keep is fine if that is the consensus.

ooc: We can also say the two inactive players just headed out on their own if people want to get to the caves. We are still at full strength and don't necessarily need the rest.
merias

Postby Spanningtree » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:04 pm

The caves are of interest to Grun, but he is easy going.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin
Spanningtree

Postby jcftao » Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:14 pm

OOC--we can just head to the caves or continue exploring if you wish to do so.
The inactive characters can be sent back to the keep.
jcftao

Postby Miraje » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:25 am

Kob

Hurnh.
-- If you let their characters die, they stop suffering... --
Miraje

Postby badams30 » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:25 am

Goodbyes, and Moving On...

After some deliberations, the group decides to proceed to the mysterious caves to the North. As you prepare to file out and back to your Ogre friend, Curg, Birger raises his hand and says "Comrades, when I first joined you on our travels, I had been tasked by my order to make contact with one of my fellow priests. It's clear that he didn't make it to the Keep, so I am compelled to continue my quest. Kryssah here has volunteered to accompany me and lend me her sword arm. I wish you all safe travels, and I will be praying for your success. I hope we meet again in the future." He pauses to shake the hand of each of you, and Kryssah does the same (except for Sharon, who she gives a scowl and a quick nod.) They depart from the chapel, and out of sight through the thick underbrush, on their way to places unknown.

You all make your way back to the crumbling domicile of Curg, and you find that he's doused his fire and has gathered all his meager belongings into a large sack, tossing it over his shoulder. Seeing you all enter, he rises to his feet with a grunt, and hoists his worn club over his shoulder. He smiles at all of you and sighs. "Thank you for fixing my hurts. I know I can make it home now. I hear you talk about caves... they bad place. Curg not go there, but I tell you - be careful. Lotsa monsters in caves. You no trust any of em." Curg digs in the huge pocket of his dirty trousers and fishes out a shiny disc. He hands it to Grun, who happens to be closest. The disk is made of silver, but is old and tarnished. It has some undecipherable runes on it, and the image of a spiked club. Curg jabs his grubby finger at the disk and says "Any ogres you find here probably come from same big tribe. You find ogres, you give em' this and tell dem dat you friend. Dey help you." Curg turns and starts to walk toward the hole in the wall and he pauses for a moment, turning back toward you. "Curg like you all. But I think if you go to caves you die. You watch out." He pauses to lovingly pet each goat on the head before he grunts and plods out into the courtyard and through the wall out of sight. The goats slowly walk after him and disappear in the tall grass, bleating occasionally. You are alone in the old keep.

Make sure your XP and the spoils distribution are up to date, and by means of a roll call, let me know your actions and you'll move out toward the north. Please let me know which way you'll go (via the road and abandoned village, or another route)

And away we go.
badams30

Postby merias » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Scrags bids farewell to his two comrades and the Ogre. He makes a final check of his gear, falling into line as the others move out.

OOC: Did I miss a post on XP awards?
merias

Postby kipper » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:11 pm

RIll cheerfully leads the way! (Northwards along the road, unless there are any objections?)
kipper

Postby greyarea » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:51 pm

Imric follows the others. He hopes they have an ally in the ogres but expresses concern that it shouldn't be relied upon.
greyarea

Postby tumblingdice » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:42 am

Sharon smirks at Birger's departure. "Sword arm?" She asks. "Bet she lends him more than that before the week is out."

She watches adoringly as Crug bids his flock farewell, then turns her attention to the coin. "So," she asks, bumping the coin out of Grun's hand into her own. "Looks like you've finally arrived, eh Grun?" She studies the coin intently for a minute, then, losing interest just as quickly, hands it back to the good natured fighter. "Lead the way, Rill!"

OC: Yeah, did we miss an XP award somewhere? Sharon has only 10 XP, according to her character sheet. Jimi Hendrix is laughing at her, somewhere.
Get thee to the dungeon. Get thee to the dungeon forthwith. Pass not the barbican. Amass not 200 GP.
tumblingdice

PreviousNext

Return to Taming the Borderlands